Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Proper Engine Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper Engine Removal

So the weather is finally starting to get nice out in wonderful Minnesota and the snow is beginning to melt!

Im in the process of doing an F22B1 swap, I have the axles removed from my tranny, everything is unbolted. Now my question is, can I lift the tranny and motor out all at once? Or does it need to be dropped? And if I need to drop it, do I need to remove what I think is the cross member (not quite sure if that's what it is).

Any help or links to threads would be Great! Thanks!
    Last edited by THEslyWOOZLE; 03-30-2013, 04:22 PM.

The search bar is your friend!
    Step by step instructions with pictures.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8849

If you have a car lift to pick up the body, its easier through the bottom but taking it out from the top is just as easy with a cherry picker and an engine load stabilizer. If your taking it out the top, you need to angle the motor which is where the stabilizer comes in handy
    Last edited by choppacity; 03-31-2013, 04:13 PM.
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

easy to pull both together.
      COUPE K24

Comment

When i did my swap i just pulled the motor out the top, i didnt use a stabalizer, just made the chains shorter on one side than the other and for any more angle that was needed just man handeled the motor to that angle considering these motors are not that heavy. have a couple of friends come over to help extra hands make easier work. and i agree with '93CB7Ex pull both the motor and trans together its easier that way.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

you don't need a body lift to drop it from the bottom although that would make life a lot easier, if you are able to you can set the whole front on the ground unbolt all the mounts and use the cherry picker on the front of the frame to lift the front of the car up it would be a lot easier and anything that looks like it will be in the way from the bottom needs to come off

Comment

I wouldn't call that easier at all.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i mean it's all a matter of preference really, either way could be just as simple, i've dropped plenty of motors out the bottom and i have pulled just as many through the top either way it's not too difficult

Comment

That's easier to do on Civics than it is on Accords, I believe. I know many Civic guys that have done it that way, but I don't think I know of a single Accord owner who has.

Comment

I'll either be pulling my motor tomorrow or next weekend. I'm pulling through the top with a cheery picker, and I'll included lots o' pictures in my swap journal.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                  X