Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best ride shocks and springs or coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i got tokico blues and dont bash me guys cause im going to say this but im on weapon r coils but hey they were free because a girlfriend of mine bought a cd6 and wanted to go back to stock height but im very happy with the combo, good ride believe it or not.

Comment

its really tough to beat form and function type 2's especially compared to the price of legit strut/spring combos. ive never ridden on type 1's but for the measly extra $$ its best to have the firmness adjust ability. since your on 17's and its for family purposes, then the coil height will probably be half way from maxed out if that. my FnF T2's are really comfy even dumped 3+ inches and they just get more comfortable the less dumped your ride height is ( the lower you go the firmer you want the struts set at for obvious reasons ).
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

ok sorry about the mix up and your right on the research i could have done myself not trying to make anyone mad i like the site thus far it has alot of usefull info.

Comment

Originally posted by aguiarerik24 View Post
          Well i got tokico blues and dont bash me guys cause im going to say this but im on weapon r coils but hey they were free because a girlfriend of mine bought a cd6 and wanted to go back to stock height but im very happy with the combo, good ride believe it or not.
          No bashing. Those are just very poorly matched components, and your car is very dangerous. I hope you don't hurt anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAniv cb7 View Post
            ok sorry about the mix up and your right on the research i could have done myself not trying to make anyone mad i like the site thus far it has alot of usefull info.
            Nobody is mad. You're just going to end up being banned because you didn't bother to read the rules. In addition, you're going to get someone else banned in the process. Best to read the rules, and follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              H&R makes quality products.

I'd suggest some H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks.
              Yep

H&R Sports
              Neuspeed Sports
              Skunk2 lowering springs (not sleeves)
              Tein S. Tech

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

My experience with Skunk2 springs was not a good one. Harsh, noisy... they just weren't good. Replacing them with H&R Race springs made it all better.

Comment

They probably do have some quality issues compared to brands like Neuspeed and H&R. But of all the people I know with them (who know anything about suspensions), you are the first to complain. And that includes myself and H23Accord (who had them on Koni SP3s and preferred them to Neuspeed Sports). From what I understand they split the difference in aggression between xx Sports and Races (closer to Sports in spring rate, but Races in ride height). If somehow I got another CB I would take a gamble on them.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

It could depend on when they were purchased, too. TypeG has Skunk2 sleeves, and he really likes them. He's the ONLY person I know that has actually liked those things. He has had them for a long time, so the older ones may be better quality than the newer. Or the manufacturing might just be inconsistent. Some are good, some are awful.

Most of Skunk2's Accord suspension parts are essentially generic stuff bearing their brand name. They really don't do anything with Accords in terms of professional racing, as they do with Civics and Integras, so their Accord parts likely have very little engineering behind them.

Comment

IMHO remove coilovers and coilover sleeves from the equation completely. All of those have high spring rates and will be bouncy as all whatever.

Comment

Not all. Ground Controls can be had with pretty much any rate you want. Tein Street Basics are relatively soft.
                        Though most coilovers/sleeves are going to have high rates, true.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Not all. Ground Controls can be had with pretty much any rate you want. Tein Street Basics are relatively soft.
                          Though most coilovers/sleeves are going to have high rates, true.
                          I found Basics to be incredibly bouncy for what they were.

The OP is looking for a drop for looks, not performance. I wouldn't even bother with the sleeves.

I'd go Neuspeed/H&R Sport (not race) and yellows and call it a day.

Comment

Sleeves are no go because they don't have good travel.

If I were to go with full body coils, I'd stick with either Nex GTs or the Tokico Illumina RAKs. I had Nex SS on my Maxima and it wasn't bouncy at all, actually rode better than stock with stiffer springs. They are also better because they have twin tube shocks as opposed to monotube, which makes for a softer damping curve and less oil cavitation (like a stock shock or Koni Yellows). And Tokicos are the only legit coilover brand for our cars. Its all about the shock, not the springs.

Comment

I got function and form coilovers and its a good ride you get what you pay for...

Comment

Best Ride, Shocks and Springs or Coilovers

Hey Guys,

I currently own a 93 CB7 COUPE. I currently running on GR2 KYB with a 3in drop. im looking to maintain the same drop but looking for better shocks. the ones that i have are blown. so i want a big drop but a good ride. I HATE the Bouncing. if i wanted a bouncy ride i would of gone with coilovers.

shunk 2 springs
                                KYB GR2 shocks
                                are the car now

What's the best combination of big drop springs with good stiff enough shocks, giving me a good over all ride?

Comment

Working...
                                X