Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need opinions on OBX manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on OBX manifold

Ok guys I wanted to ask this in the Forced Induction section but its not letting me, guess i gotta have a high post count in the begginer section? stupid in my opinion, im not a begginer just because im new to a forum!

anyways I found this really convieniently priced (ya i know, u get what you pay for.) package on eBay for our 90-93 accords its made by OBX, i know not the best brand out there, but its a combo of a T3 Stainless welded manifold, a 5 bolt T3 Stainless welded downpipe, and a oem style mid pipe. Theyre asking $231 shipped

It can be seen herehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-TURBO-HE...1fab0d&vxp=mtr

I am considering this piece since it uses a stock like mid pipe which would make it alot easier to just bolt up to the SR*S catback i found that i really liked instead of having the local welding shop fab somthing up for a lot more $$$

Let me know what u guys think, but please dont be sarcastic about it. one thing i cant stand is when people treat you like a moron just for asking for opinions. Questions yield knowledge, and anyone seeking knowledge is not a moron.

I know that the obx stainless turbo header cracks after a month or so.A friend of mine had one on his b series civic and they kept cracking on the welds. Im not sure about the cb ones are any better.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
      Ok guys I wanted to ask this in the Forced Induction section but its not letting me, guess i gotta have a high post count in the begginer section? pid in my opinion, im not a begginer just because im new to a forum!
      If you don't like the rules you are free to leave, no one is keeping you here.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

unfortunately this is the only dedicated CB7 forum so im dealing with it. I just think its silly since not every new member is gonna be new to Hondas therefore we may not have questions that are "newb" questions, so that leaves us sitting in the begginer forum blah blahing about nothing until you can actually use the forum for some useful help.

I dont see why you needed to say anything, especially something with a rude subtext let alone from a moderator, presents immaturity and a lack of professionalism.

at any rate thanks for helpin me get my posts up

Comment

I felt the need to say something because your first post was telling us our rules are stupid, and that we better not be sarcastic, other wise you will be sore at us. Again, if you don't like the rules, you are free to leave.

Comment

Its something everybody goes through . Its in the rules. You need 30 posts to move on and it wont take long if you are a active member.

Comment

Well i'm sorry but i'm entitled to an opinion.
              I apologize, but i still stand to say that it seems un necessary.

@Ferenza Thank you for the response, I guess i'll just need to use a cast mani and have a down fabricated then my local welder is really over priced, he quoted me 500 if i bring my own muffler
              I dont want to have any leaks tho, especially at the manifold, and if the mani's gonna leak i'll bet the down would too..

Are there any downpipes on the market for CB's? i know you can find them for civics but civics are vastly more popular with people, giving them a huge aftermarket..

Comment

Yes, you are correct, you are entitled to your opinion.The issue arises when your very first post bashes the sites rules, it doesn't get you off on the right foot.

Welcome to the site, read the rules, make some posts, and have a good time.

Comment

like i said im sorry for getting off on the wrong foot, despite being in a lesser section of the forum i've gotten useful information relativly fast. I've been a member to many forums and expected the average dicks and no info, i found it to be quite to contrary.
                  thank you for the formal welcome and again i appologize for getting off on the wrong foot.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
                    Well i'm sorry but i'm entitled to an opinion.
                    I apologize, but i still stand to say that it seems un necessary.

@Ferenza Thank you for the response, I guess i'll just need to use a cast mani and have a down fabricated then my local welder is really over priced, he quoted me 500 if i bring my own muffler
                    I dont want to have any leaks tho, especially at the manifold, and if the mani's gonna leak i'll bet the down would too..

Are there any downpipes on the market for CB's? i know you can find them for civics but civics are vastly more popular with people, giving them a huge aftermarket..
                    I would say get the kit and just use the downpipe and use the other 2 pieces and try and resell the manifold.Even with buying the cast iron mani it still would be cheaper than 500.Its really up to you and if you think it would be worth it

Comment

yeah i might do that, get the OBX kit and just get a cheap cast log manifold to replace the welded stainless one, im sure someone would want it for their H or F project, a lot of people around here seem to think H22 turbo is the way to go, i dont agree lol non-vtec all the way

Comment

www.mycb7.com would be happy to have you.

This is not a "lesser section"
                        This section exists for people to get used to the way things work around here, and to weed out those that are too stupid or self-important to follow the rules. It works quite well.
                        Feel free to leave.

Comment

I made my mends with the other mod that already corrected me for my negative attitude, your response wasnt necessary since the subject was discussed and closed.

I am intitled to an opinion, and i'll be staying, despite having to wait around in what i refer to again as a lesser sub section of the forum, it clearly is. I understand the purpose of it im not an idiot, and i do not appreciate the rude subtext you've posted with its completely unnecessary and un professional.
                          not exactly how you should treat someone trying to join the community.

I will not discuss this any more I'm here to learn what i need to know about a CB7, not to play pissing contest with the mods.

Comment

H22 and F22 use different head flanges I believe so if your going to sell it it wont be to a h22 guy. What is your power goal? I dont see that downpipe being very efficient but it could work. Why not consider a dsm setup?

Just drop the rules debate*

Comment

really? i though F/H shared the head patterns, guess i'll have a worthless manifold floating around lol

Every where i read said that the T25 that came on the DSM setup was too small for the F22B, my power goal is only 210WHP which i figured the t25 would do, but ive read otherwise on the web.

what makes you say the down wouldnt be efficient?

Comment

Working...
                              X