Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Beefing up the auto transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beefing up the auto transmission

Hey guys I've searched on here for people that have stuck with the automatic for their setups and everyone seems to use level 10. Are they the only company that make parts for our transmissions? I haven't decided if i'm going to use the auto lsd from the prelude or stick with my f transmission because i eventually want some boost or spray. Also if anyone has products from level 10 could you tell me how you like it, what it did for your car or how it felt, and also if you think it was a good investment as these parts can get pricey. I do not want a manual in this car but will be getting another cb with one eventually. I just want a 250-300hp daily driver that sees spirited driving, little to no track time, and i need a transmission to handle that.
    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

You found a member HERE who uses a Level 10 Transmission?

The only other brand I know of is Import Performance Transmissions. Other than that I would contact brands that make performance parts for manuals and ask if they have automatic offerings; such as Synchrotech or G-Force. I'm sure they do get requests from time to time or have a vendor they outsource to, whether they reveal the name or not is up to them. You could also contact Race Teams such as Bisimoto, 4Piston, Cosworth, SpeedFactory, etc that may have experience with automatic racing and could point you in the right direction.

I don't mean to be negative but is this a serious project? You're talking $5000 just for the TRANSMISSION. You haven't even put an engine together, which will run you probably the same or similar. Add in the tuning to keep this all together and you're looking at a $10,000+ build. AND you said you're going to have a second CB that's a 5Spd you're going to build. So I'm guessing anywhere between $13,000-$17,000 in parts and labor as well as the purchase of these cars themselves? Are you prepared for that financially? Or is this just one of those "Well it would be cool if I or somebody could do that" questions?
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...uto+h22&page=5
      sorry I misread he doesnt have the whole tranny hes got the torque converter.
      His name is wlfpck about halfway down that thread.
      But it is a serious build. I do all my own labor and the torque converter and rebuild kit kit from level 10 is about $500 each so ill have roughly 1300 in my transmission and probably about $1200 in an engine and near $2000 in a Turbo kit and add more for tuning. Im pretty dead set on this. I will have the 5 speed eventually because I want another daily driver but there is also a good chance I find something cheaper as a beater. I dont have any intentions on building a 5 speed just yet but I dont want to throw out that possibility as it seems to be the easier route to go.

Comment

Would I need the valve body work done? If so this is quickly getting out of hand because dont stock 5 speed cars hold 300hp with little to no issues?

Comment

Im just curious, but why build the Auto, and what tranny are you intending on using if you do?

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
            Im just curious, but why build the Auto, and what tranny are you intending on using if you do?
            I want to because i'm not serious about racing or anything and I already have an auto car. If I can beef up my auto for the same price of swapping I figure I may as well go that route but things are quickly getting very high compared to the manual swap so I may just leave the car stock and get another.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
              I want to because i'm not serious about racing or anything and I already have an auto car. If I can beef up my auto for the same price of swapping I figure I may as well go that route but things are quickly getting very high compared to the manual swap so I may just leave the car stock and get another.

You're "not serious about racing", yet you want to do a $10,000 build intended for just that? Are you reading what you write before you press submit?

A "built", "semi-built", or "abuse prepped" automatic transmission is going to run you in the couple thousands. You can be smart and swap a 5Spd for roughly less than $1700. Why don't you just sell the automatic car and get a manual one? Whatever you're planning is not only counter productive to your wallet, but also to the "not so serious racer" inside of you.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Let's not bash the guy for doing what he wants. He has a valid reason.
                We tune Accords. Why don't we all just buy Mustangs? We can go a hell of a lot faster in a 92 Mustang GT than we can in a 92 Accord for a hell of a lot less money, right?

I'm sure there are plenty of other companies (I know I've heard of another, but I can't remember the name.) Level10 has been around for many years, and they have a good reputation. You can search for "level10" and find all the old threads that mention them here. At least one other company will be mentioned in those threads, I'm sure.
                Anyway, the best thing to do would be to contact Level10 and tell them what you're looking to do. They can give you your best options, and tell you how much it will cost.
                Yes, it will be expensive. Joey is probably right when he says thousands. BUT, it'll be a fully rebuilt transmission, made to handle increased power. You won't get that for a $1700 5 speed swap using a 20 year old transmission!

Comment

Couldnt you swap a H22 Auto Lsd trans, I would assume that would be beefed up for an F22.

Comment

Not really "beefed up"... essentially, the F and H transmissions are about the same in terms of strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                      You're "not serious about racing", yet you want to do a $10,000 build intended for just that? Are you reading what you write before you press submit?

A "built", "semi-built", or "abuse prepped" automatic transmission is going to run you in the couple thousands. You can be smart and swap a 5Spd for roughly less than $1700. Why don't you just sell the automatic car and get a manual one? Whatever you're planning is not only counter productive to your wallet, but also to the "not so serious racer" inside of you.
                      I undertand your logic. But thats the solution for guys who DONT want a 5 speed swap. It does cost alot I know.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Let's not bash the guy for doing what he wants. He has a valid reason.
                      We tune Accords. Why don't we all just buy Mustangs? We can go a hell of a lot faster in a 92 Mustang GT than we can in a 92 Accord for a hell of a lot less money, right?

I'm sure there are plenty of other companies (I know I've heard of another, but I can't remember the name.) Level10 has been around for many years, and they have a good reputation. You can search for "level10" and find all the old threads that mention them here. At least one other company will be mentioned in those threads, I'm sure.
                      Anyway, the best thing to do would be to contact Level10 and tell them what you're looking to do. They can give you your best options, and tell you how much it will cost.
                      Yes, it will be expensive. Joey is probably right when he says thousands. BUT, it'll be a fully rebuilt transmission, made to handle increased power. You won't get that for a $1700 5 speed swap using a 20 year old transmission!
                      DUDE. My thoughts exactly! I understand it will be expensive but to me its going to be worth it for a new transmission built to handle power that probably wont break unless i really stress it too much. Besides i dont want a 5 speed project car. I want an auto project car. I may have some other honda in 5 speed soon as a daily. Then ill be able to pour the extra cash all into it.

Comment

Working...
                      X