Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stock vs aftermarket headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well hold on now, when i had my F22A1 i bought an ebay header back system and i definently felt more power. Though it might be a tiny gain you feel it.
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

The only header that has been known to make massive power gains is Bisi's right?

Comment

Originally posted by Audiojack View Post
        Most likely no, unless you're for some reason running a really lean mix. The wrap will just make the header temperature raise since it's not getting "cold" air from the outside (not really cold cold air but you get the point, lower than the exhaust gases).
        Not necessarily true. This is why our header comes with a heat-shield (to keep the heat near the header [the heat-shield also keeps the heat from spreading to the rest of the engine bay]). Hot air travels and flows faster than cold air. Therefore, header wrap will allow heat to stay in the header; which allows the exhaust gases to be hotter and flow better. This is especially useful if someone wants to remove their heat-shield for the header. However, I do not see this improving performance much, only keeping the engine bay cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
          Not necessarily true. This is why our header comes with a heat-shield (to keep the heat near the header [the heat-shield also keeps the heat from spreading to the rest of the engine bay]). Hot air travels and flows faster than cold air. Therefore, header wrap will allow heat to stay in the header; which allows the exhaust gases to be hotter and flow better. This is especially useful if someone wants to remove their heat-shield for the header. However, I do not see this improving performance much, only keeping the engine bay cooler.
          A heatshield works, yes. But a wrap will be way too tight around the header, which then can't get rid of excess heat at all. In some installations the header can get so hot that it nears melting point. A ceramic heat insulation would be better to allow for the "breathing" of the header. Of course you could wrap it but that would shorten the life of the header for a minimal gain...
          MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197342

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
            The only header that has been known to make massive power gains is Bisi's right?
            on what motor?
            <-- going hytec tri-y to 3" on an H

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
              Well hold on now, when i had my F22A1 i bought an ebay header back system and i definently felt more power. Though it might be a tiny gain you feel it.
              that there is also known ass a but dyno . just stick with what you have and save your cash .
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Ive herd that on an a stock F series, the bisi header has been known to gain over 13hp to the wheels, from what ive read.
                Last edited by jhoff; 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Lets not forget that if you don't wrap it correctly you will see no gains or see damage. Too loose does no good, too tight and you can crack the header.

Comment

15 whp sounds great but is that without a tune? I heard the header won't help that much without a new tune.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

Originally posted by 91cbseven View Post
                      15 whp sounds great but is that without a tune? I heard the header won't help that much without a new tune.
                      From the thread for the bisimoto header group buy...

"211,046 miles

87 octane

15.5 ft/lbs at 1560rpms

26.9whp at 6012 rpms

8.5whp at 5000-5200rpms

12.2 ft/lbs at 2700rpms

Complete bolt on, un-tuned, to stock Catalytic converter"

However, I heard a lot of people had problems with exhaust leaks with this header. That's what I heard, so I cant say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cbseven View Post
                        I have no ideal, I just see a few threads about it. Looks like if your serious about power on F22, the Bisi header is a good place to start.
                        It seems like Bisi is fixing his mistakes on the header, if there are any.

Comment

8.5 @ peak is pretty good and on a stock converter I'm sure the tone would be great too.

Comment

Since you've stated you have the a6 with the stock header, i'd recommend saving your money and putting that towards something much more meaningful. For a quality header you're looking at +$500.00. Not worth it in my opinion, save 4 times that amount and swap it with an H series.

Comment

That makes sense, the h22 and f22 block are the same right? Just wondering what a basic swap involves because someone told me that the block is the same but everything up has to change.
                              Last edited by 91cbseven; 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

No, they are not the same. There is plenty of information on this forum about their differences. Check out the swap section of this site.
                                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                                X