Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension question

so i took the schocks and lowering coils from a 86 accord the back ones and i was wondering if they would fit my 92 accord?

No, they won't.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

I have an 88 Accord and I currently have two CBs. I’ve been into the suspensions on both many times.

No, a 3rd gen accord spring and strut won’t fit a CB. Even if they would "fit" (I’m almost positive they won’t) it would be a horrible idea.

Comment

thanks you guys cause i got these tokikos from a 86 at the pick n pull with lowering springs just the back ones because they seemed around the same size as the cb7 so i thaught maybe they would fit

Comment

Won't work, 90-97 will tho
          CB will be out beginning of March

Comment

Go on 3geez.com or ebay and sell the parts you scored from the junkyard, then buy proper parts that will fit your CB.

Read up on here. LOTS of info on suspensions... and doing it wrong could end up being very dangerous (to you, your passengers, and anyone in your path... so please PLEASE, if you're going to halfass anything, don't halfass your suspension!)

Comment

eyy thanks guys im new to this forum seen it a couple time but never signed up thanks for the feed back definetly not goin to try to fit them in thats the real reason i signed up on here wasnt sure if my idea would work so thanks

Comment

Even if it were to 'fit' the spring rates would be way too low on the third generation springs, simply because the 4th generation is a bigger, much heavier car. pre-fourth generation accords were considered compacts. The fourth generation is a mid-sized sedan.

Please stick around. This is the best source for fourth generation Accord information. You will not find a better source in the English language.
                92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

You don't need to post an incoherent string of babbling nonsense thanking us every time we give you advice. That will do nothing but get your post count reset.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    You don't need to post an incoherent string of babbling nonsense thanking us every time we give you advice. That will do nothing but get your post count reset.
                    I think that's a little harsh but I am new here aswell so go figure, seems like the op might not be too familiar with how message boards work though...

Just a little advice op, read the rules if you haven't already . Fellow members and I like to be able to understand your posts, other cool stuff and other what nots will be covered in the Rules/Guidlines.

I'm glad I know that 3rd gen suspension parts won't work on our cb's, I did not know that prior to reading this! I am using 5th gen lower springs on my coupe from a sedan I got in the junkyard for $40 and they work great!
                    Last edited by AllProsNoCons; 02-12-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

It is harsh, I admit... but "unnecessary" posts are deleted. Too many of them are considered post-whoring, and they get the member's post count reset (the first time... the next time, they're just banned.) This section exists to show people how the site works, and what is expected of them. Respect for the rules is one thing, and coherent typing is another. If we can't understand you, we can't help you. One long run-on sentence riddled with misspelled words is NOT easy to understand. Furthermore, the experienced members get tired of trying to help people that are too lazy to type, let alone do careful work on their car. Eventually, the experienced members stop helping, and the only help comes from the inexperienced or the ignorant.

Trust me... being harsh here has a purpose. It either teaches people to type like human beings that are respectfully asking assistance form other more experienced adults... or it drives them away, so they don't bother those more experienced adults. Additionally, it severely limits the amount of idiot-speak that we have to deal with in the non-beginner sections. Not everyone learns/leaves... but many do. It's something that sets this forum apart from many others that focus on sub-$1000 cars.

And yeah, 5th gen springs and shocks will fit with no problem. Stock components may have slight variations in rate/valving, but they'll work. Aftermarket components are almost ALL made with the 4th and 5th gen in mind (usually for the 5th gen, and sold as 4th gen "compatible.")
                      The 3rd gen had a very different suspension. Sportier, in fact, as the 4th gen marked Honda's step toward luxury with the Accord (which, oddly enough, I've actually seen mention in magazines of the Accord as "entry-level luxury"... which is kinda cool!)
                      You can probably tell by the sad condition of the car in my signature that I haven't worked on my 3rd gen nearly enough... but the suspension is one thing I HAVE worked on.

Comment

I don't consider myself a 3rd gen pro or even accord for that matter. I do know aftermarket suspension peices for the 1986 are not available as readily as the cb. I used to work on a third gen and back in the late 90's and don't believe tokico was one of the options. My visit to the website a couple of minutes ago confirms they are not currently available either. Unless they where made for a couple years in between those time frames its possible this thread starter has come accross actual cb tokicos retrofit to that 1986 in the yard? Not the craziest thing I've seen.
                        ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I scored a replacement Tokico HP shock for my car when I first got it (2004 or so). It was ebay, so I don't even know if it was new or used. I sold the car to a friend, who put KYB GR2s all around, then gave it back to me. That's what it's sitting on now. Not sure if they're available anymore. They're not a very performance-oriented upgrade anyway, but they're something.

If Tokico isn't offering 3rd gen shocks on their site anymore, then those junkyard bits could be quite old!

Comment

you can even find a third gen forum and see if you can sell them on there, even craigslist and see if you get any bites...

Comment

Originally posted by 2doorhardcore View Post
                              you can even find a third gen forum and see if you can sell them on there, even craigslist and see if you get any bites...
                              That was already said.
                              Last edited by H311RA151N; 02-12-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X