Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Maybe bad tranny (auto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe bad tranny (auto)

So my auto lx accord is having problem for the past few days with the transmission, when you put it n reverse its kinda rough, too rough to be normal, I also notice that when you let go of the brakes it tends to make a poping noise while moving back. It kinda sounds like when your car is moving forward n u quickly put it into park in it makes that loud grinding noise. I also figure that when you put it into drive its also really rough.

I did some research n came across that I needed a new tranny or needed to fix or replace my tcm I think that's what it's called. I also came across that their is a white box ( shifter box) where it's tells ur tcm to change gears or something like that n that you have to take the old greese and replace that greese so you wouldn't have any shift problems. I don't know what to do right now because I'm really stuck here and have not be driving my cb7 for days.

Please help

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark, but, check to make sure your axle boots are still good. I'm wondering if your axle is going out or not.. I don't know too much about transmissions.

TCU's are fairly easy to repair, if not, fairly cheap to have repaired. You can try grabbing one at a pick and pull and see if it works.. But you'll want to grab one from the same year and trim level.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Do you have an S light (90-91) or D4 light (92-93) that is either flashing or remains on when it shouldn't be?

Comment

I don't have an s light or an d4 light on, when I put it n d4 theres no green light on, I don't know why. But yeah, I remember along time ago that the d4 light would always be on when you put it in d4. The only light that works are d3,d2,d1,n and r some time.

Comment

The bulb is probably out, does it at least illuminate when you turn the key on?

Comment

nope it dosent. i just hope i dont have to tranny swap.

Comment

i dont know if my lights are dead, n is it replaceable?, and no when i turn the key on there no light at all.

Comment

Care to explain why you're posting under two different names? Especially since the older of the two was recently banned for using a racial slur...

Comment

what? the one on top of my post is not me i dont know who that is n i care less.
                  Last edited by Flush-cb7123; 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM. Reason: ment to say who not how

Comment

So you won't mind if I ban his IP address then?

Comment

i dont care. so back to where we were, the tranny help. i hope some one has had a similar problem with there cb7 and please help me out.

Comment

not sure on the pooping noise but have you changed the fluid? mine used to throw you out of the seat until i put new fluid in it. now its smooth as butter
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Nobody is going to help you now, you realize.

Comment

Except for ryan...

Comment

my car is stuck in park, and when i put it into neutral via the shiftlock release, and i put it into gear the s light is on.

Comment

Working...
                              X