Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speedometer off in increments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer off in increments

I have a 1993 cb7 5-speed with the stock f22 in it. It was my first car and I bought it from the guy that bought it new. I always thought that since I have bought it, I was going slower than everyone else. After passing a few speed detectors, I figured out why. When it says I'm doing 40, I'm going about 38. When I'm doing 50, it says about 45. Then it says 70, and I'm doing 62. I know the first thing I should do is search the forum. I did. I found nothing. So could this be my speed sensor? Gauge cluster? Please help. I drive 80 miles a day to work and cops are everywhere. I really really need this fixed.

what size tires do you have? if you have the wrong size it would cause the speedometer to be off...
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

could be tire size, could be speed sensor, what size rims are you running and might want to pull the speed sensor of and clean it. see if that helps..

Comment

I have the stock size on it. 195/60/15 i believe. At times the speedometer will be right. It will actually jump back to the right speed sometimes.

Comment

Check your speed sensor and get that sucker cleaned. If the speedle is correct and then it goes out and then jumps back to correct mph like you've mentioned, i'm almost positive its the speed sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by koslauj View Post
            Check your speed sensor and get that sucker cleaned. If the speedle is correct and then it goes out and then jumps back to correct mph like you've mentioned, i'm almost positive its the speed sensor.
            Is this the speed sensor above the tranny or the ones by the wheels?
            Thanks.

Comment

Speed sensor is located on the back side of the transmission.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110686
              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

tranny sensor.
                [COLOR=DarkRed][B]I LIVE ACCORDINGLY * 93 CB7

Comment

Your numbers are all roughly equivalently proportional:

40/38 = 1.05
                  50/45 = 1.11
                  70/62 = 1.13

Your figures were guesstimates it seems, so I would say the electronics and mechanics are probably working just fine. I would chalk this up to worn tread, low tire pressure, or tires different in size from stock. :/

Comment

I would clean the sensor, considering you said that it'll be off, then it'll be dead even.

But, I want to know, what kind of shape are your tires in? Are you running the recommended air pressure in your tires? Tread wear? Lastly, can you confirm your tire size? I know that you said that you think they're 195/60/15.. but if they're a different size, even a 205/60/15 or a 195/65/15, it will make a difference.
                    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by 203CB7TUNER View Post
                      tranny sensor.
                      What's a "tranny sensor"?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        What's a "tranny sensor"?
                        A sensor imbedded in a man's brain to allow him to correctly identify if the person standing in front of him is a man with tits. This way he doesn't make the mistake of pursuing sex with the same gender unless he's into that lifestyle. I'm not into that lifestyle, but I am aware that the speed sensor is what someone was hinting at.
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ah yes. I hear tranny sensors made in Thailand may be faulty as well.

My post-whore sensor must be acting up again.

Comment

The size is 195/60/15. They are brand new, less than 5,000 miles. they have the correct pressure in them, too. The old tires were the same factory size and it was off with them too. Like i said it is correct sometimes. It skips. so it is definitely the sensor?

Comment

We can't say it's definitely anything... but that's most likely the case. Replacing it won't hurt. Even if it's not the issue, it's never a bad thing to replace a wear item before it fails. Plus, I'll be one more possibility ruled out.

Comment

Working...
                              X