Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question about Cams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about Cams.

i have read a lot of topics on this question but no one seems to project a solid answer on it. so here it goes. \

i have a JDM h22a and JDM type s cams laying around.
    what i know is that if u have a USDM H22ax and want to swap out the cams you need to upgrade your valvetrain.

but what about my case? I have a JDM h22 and want to swap the cams out to the type s...

do i need any type of head upgrade or its plug and play (with a a tune ofcourse)

thanks for all the help.

It seems pretty apparent by you asking that you don't want to spend the money. With OEM camshaft upgrades there is a right way to do things and varying degrees of wrong. Now, is it a minute difference? Possibly. Can you compensate for that difference a little by taking extra care not to hit the rev limiter or constantly rev the piss out of it? Doubtful, but sure, for the sake of argument. The point is that it won't have the necessary hardware in place to allow it to operate to its fullest potential without worry.

Now, having given the "by-the-book" answer, the truth is most people dot have a problem. They seem to falsely complain about rocker wear more than anything. My point is that things can happen if you have a smaller margin for error.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...41634#27141634
      www.850fab.com
      IG - @850Fab
      FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Not so much the cheap route, but I was gonna be like if it works without any modifications... Why not type of deal.

But yes great info there btw. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X