Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Preventative Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventative Maintenance

I am removing the dash in the 93 Accord and this will probably be the one rare time I do it. While I have everything apart is there something that needs to be replaced or checked on while I am back there. The only thing I could think of is the heater core.

Thoughts?

Replace all the light bulbs for the hvac controls, and cluster.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Make sure the evaporator drain pan and tube are clear.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

There are areas not painted, showing bare metal or rust. You may want treat those areas with POR15 or Ospho and paint.
        A&P-IA

Comment

...BB6 dash swaps are interesting...and time-consuming...

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Replace all the light bulbs for the hvac controls, and cluster.
            Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Make sure the evaporator drain pan and tube are clear.
            Both are very good ideas.

And I would do a good cleaning. Make sure the air vent tubes/tunnels are all clean. Ive found a couple leaves before. Dont use any Armour All or anything. It will look nice but it will get dirty fast. Thats common sense but I figured id throw that in.

And clean the very bottom of the windshield. Thats a great time to do that.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I did a thorough cleaning and it actually was not bad at all. I was reparing rust perforation by the airscoop and thought by removing the dash I would have more access, well it did not turn out that way. I at least know how to get the dash off. The evap hose is clean. The ducts had foam that was falling to pieces, removed it and replaced with new high density foam to control the flow of air.

Comment

By the way

Speaking of preventative maint, I was just curious why I have rust issues to begin with in the airscoop and noticed when I pour water around the right cowl area it would not move that quickly out. I decide to open the front mudguards up and I found all this (same thing on the left, in fact, there were insects galore in both) below:

The rust issue:

The rust repair (used glass bondo and long strand fiberglass):

Comment

Did you have to knock the rust down with a wire wheel first? I haven’t ever seen anything like that.

Hopefully your rust issue is fixed. Looks like you caught it before it really started eating at things.

Comment

This car was owned by an elderly couple and sat around alot, also very close to the coast. So with no one cleaning it and the sea salt air this corrosion is easy.

I knocked all loose rust, 80 grit sandpaper, rust inhibitor and then proceeded. It should be controlled with new cowl seals (foam tape and weatherstripping) to reduce the flow of water.

Funny though, I brought it to a reputable body shop for an esitmate and it came to over
                    2K!!. This repair cost just under $60 with 2-3 hours of labor.

Comment

Working...
                    X