Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ECU?

I just picked up a f22a6 ecu for my 1991 cb. I was wondering is it ok to put that in without a f22a6 cam and be fine.

Be fine for what? What's wrong with your current ECU?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Will it work? Yes. Will it do damage? Probably not. Will it give you any gains? Unlikely. Without at least the F22A6 cam and intake manifold, the ECU will do nothing for you.

Comment

Yea that's what I wanted to hear. I have stock headers but everything from the cat back has been redone with Magnaflow and a iceman intake it still won't give me any type of gain. I just wanted to know if it will do any damage or make the car run lean or rich.

Comment

Those mods have absolutely no bearing on what that ECU will do for you. That ECU is programmed for a different camshaft profile, and an intake manifold equipped with an IAB system. Get those parts, and the ECU will be useful. Otherwise, it's pointless. You could always get a P12 ECU for the time being. That may help a bit.

And our cars only have one header. No "headers".

Comment

Yea I got you. Where do you get a p12 and how much do those run for? And I got the header thing iPhone wanted to help and add the s.

Comment

We don't spoon-feed around here. You have all the information you need to answer your own questions.

Comment

What about p14 ecu is it the same as the p12 or is only for the h23

Comment

Nevermind. Just stick to the ECU you have.

Comment

lol... just have to give up some times!
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

If there is a ecu option thread please post a link or something.If your not going to be helpful get off this thread.

Comment

Do you understand how an ECU works? Do you understand that an ECU is programmed to work with a specific engine? Do you understand that I personally have explained to you why the PT6 (F22A6 ECU) will not work properly with your F22A1 without certain parts? Do you understand that I have already told you the ONLY other ECU compatible with an F22A1?

Apparently not.

If you're going to be lazy, and demand to be spoon fed, please leave this forum. Someone on Honda-Tech will gladly feed you terrible information until your heart's content... or until you blow up your engine. Either way.

Comment

Do you also understand that "this forum" you're tell him to get off of (it's actually a thread) is paid for out of pocket by him?
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That really doesn't matter. Just because I pay the bills doesn't mean I deserve respect.

Comment

I disagree, but okay.

Comment

Working...
                              X