Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help with my h22a4 swap new to honda scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my h22a4 swap new to honda scene

hello everyone im new here so i apologize in advance for y ignorance and stup!dity.

i just wrecked my 2000 honda prelude with a h22a4 and i want to swap it out and put it on my 93 accord i been doing alot of research and doesnt seem as hard but im still somewhat confused like will my ecu work how do i get the vtec to engage properly without doing the stup!d switch i really need a walktrhough can anyone help?

Is there something wrong with your "i" key? Or perhaps your period key?

Don't apologize for being ignorant and stupid. Think before you type, and make sure we can read it. Then we won't know you're ignorant and stupid!

Anyway, the H22A swap is very well documented in the Swaps section of this site... and has been for nearly a decade. The OBD2 to OBD1 conversion is also documented in detail there... and that will come in handy, because you'll want to convert the engine to OBD1. That means distributor, injectors, and ECU (92-95 P13). If you had an SH model with the ATTS transmission, you will not be able to use it. That transmission does not fit in a CB chassis without major modification. If you have a base model, the transmission will fit fine.

There are ways to use your current OBD2 stuff, but it's not as commonly done, and you'll be largely on your own. Convert to OBD1, and most of the members here will be able to help you. Provided that they are able to understand you.

Comment

DIZZY: You can re use your distributor. The main Diff in the two is Honda combined the plugs in the OBD2 distributor. Since you are 93 I believe you have an external coil. So I am not as familiar. I have researched the shit out of this and there just isn't too much info. For me with a 91 its a matter of cutting the plug off my dizzy and off of the h22 obd2 and rewiring it for 2 plugs. Both dizzys have 9 wires. I haven't got my helms manual yet so I can't give you a obd2 h22a wiring for the dizzy.

ECU: You will need a p13 ecu or a tuned ecu for an h22 obd1

INJECTORS: The injectors are should be simple. The ecu sends out a high impedence signal. The injectors on the accord are low imp. So the accord has a injector regulator that knocks the imp down so you can run low imp injectors. So that being said you would need to cut the plug off the injector resistor and solder all 4 wires together and then plug it back in. And you wil need to solder the conections for the injectors onto your accord harness. That should allow you to run the obd2 injectors.
      That should allow you to run the obd2 stuff.

UPPER PLENUM:I don't know about this. I think the reason you have to swap is the IACV but I was told the motor I'm getting has a 2 wire not a 3 wire so I can't answer this now. But Traices has a f20b he was running with the upper from an a6 so if you have an a6 that will work. I just don't know about this yet sorry

EASY WAY: You can just get a obd dizzy and h22 bd1 injectors, p13 and call it a day.

Now I'm not positive about the obd2 conversion stuff As I have not tried it. But with all the reading I have done. And a little help from the guy I am getting my motor from It SHOULD work. In theory.
      I pick up the motor today. I will be swapping within the next month and plan to do a write up on it, unless someone beats me to it.

steve
      Last edited by Stoner51; 01-20-2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

thanx guys well both motors are out as of 2am last night i work alot so i dont have much time to work on it... i will be doing obd1 i have both engines next to each other and my main concern right now is the intake the h22 has sensors that the f22 does not do i change the f22 intake into the h22 or i have to do wiring for the new sensors??

Comment

If your '93 Accord is an EX or SE then you can use the upper plenum off of your current intake manifold for the time being. If not you'll either need to order an adapter for the 3-wire to 2-wire IACV or find an OBD1 H22/H23 upper plenum.

Please, please, please research this stuff. We're laboriously recovering information that is already covered in detail on here. If you have questions about that information once you've gone over it then we'd be more than happy to answer them.

Also, keep in mind you're going to need a driver side engine mount bracket from an OBD1 H22/H23 to mount your Accord rubber mount to the H22A4 block.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

it is an ex and for the mount i switch it out and fits good on the h22 do i still need a bracket or??

Comment

distributors are different. you need an OBD1 h23/h22 distributor. the internals are the same, but he housings are different and it wont bolt to the h22.

you can use the stock accord piece but 1 or 2 holes wont line up. brand new from honda is less than $60 or probably free from any junkyard.
              COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                distributors are different. you need an OBD1 h23/h22 distributor. the internals are the same, but he housings are different and it wont bolt to the h22.

you can use the stock accord piece but 1 or 2 holes wont line up. brand new from honda is less than $60 or probably free from any junkyard.
                when you say housing thats the plastic where wires connect right?

Comment

no the actual metal housing of the dizzy where the cap bolts to.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

ok ill get a obd1 dizzy for h22 .. what about the part that goes between the upper plenum and bottom looks like 4 small throttle bodys?

Comment

thats the iab plate. reuse that. just slap your old upper plenum on until you can find a obd1 h22/23 upper.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

so the part with the 4 small throtles should be hanging out? scince the f22 only has 4 holes

Comment

Either you don't have a '93 EX as you've said, or someone has swapped your engine with a lesser one. What stamp is on your engine block.

And I'm curious. Have you read anything on your own as has been suggested?
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

if you f doesnt have 8 holes, then you need a complete h22 obd1 intake manifold.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              Either you don't have a '93 EX as you've said, or someone has swapped your engine with a lesser one. What stamp is on your engine block.

And I'm curious. Have you read anything on your own as has been suggested?
                              car has ex in back and also vin comes out as an ex i know because of insurance not sure if original engine or not thought block says F22A1 on top of that says HA

and yes i been doing some research thats what im doing today hoping to have it finish this week..

Comment

Working...
                              X