Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

mufflers obx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mufflers obx

ok so before doing my research on mufflers my bday just passed and i got an obx side by side muffler off of ebay and the description said it was one of the quietest mufflers available so i got it just installed it and my car is louder with the sithe obx than the n1 ebay mufffler my exhaust is ebay header back with audi resenator and now the obx no cats anyone have any opinions on cheaper muffler that sound decent and are quiet preferably a dual tip.... any opinions appreciated

Run two mufflers its the easiest way to be quiet.

Comment

technically i have three th audi resonator acts as a muffler plus the obx is two mufflers side by side

Comment

Here's a novel idea...

Get a catalytic converter!

Also, I'm sorry that you were informed that the muffler you bought was going to be quiet. It's technically two tiny canister-style mufflers. The smaller the muffler the more raspy and high-pitched it's going to be.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

no cats for me because i plan on boosting soon and to much loss in horsepower

Comment

If you know as much about boosting as you do about the true effects of a catalytic converter then I feel badly for your engine. Oh well, boats need anchors I guess.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

OP you need to do some research. You need to learn a lot before proceeding any further. Otherwise you’re going to be kicking yourself in the ass later. That’s if your CB even survives the bad decisions you are soon to make.

Sorry if it sounds as if I is being an ass. I’m not trying to be. I just really hope you take my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by AllProsNoCons View Post
                Run two mufflers its the easiest way to be quiet.
                Doing it right is the easiest way.

Comment

getacatitwonthurtwithboostanditwillmakeyourcarlega lquietandnotsmellyplusitwillkeepyouoffpoliceradart hatmufflerisacheapieasallobxstuffisthereareworseth ingsbuttherearemuchbetteraswelloverallitsamuffleri twillmuffle

Comment

did you brake the space bar? i keep telling you, you've got to quit pounding your head on the keyboard!
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Punctuations are b*tch in school....

You need a cat.
                      It helps muffle some of the exhaust noises(besides cleaning up your emissions)
                      To the muffler, all you did was swap the same muffler.You went from one big one to two smaller , less efficient ones.If you wanted a quieter muffler, you should have went with an oval design.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                        did you brake the space bar? i keep telling you, you've got to quit pounding your head on the keyboard!

Op, just get a proper exhaust system. Putting mufflers where they don’t go and taking components out that its needs, it’s never going to be right.

As far as the muffler, you can’t blame it on the muffler. OBX is "cheap" but in the right exhaust system with the right components it will do its job very well for a long time. However the style of muffler you have isn’t very efficient period. No matter who makes it.

Comment

way to many people think catalitic converters hurt the engine's perfomance when it actually helps. Lol deevkeepsdoingthiswhenhewantstomakeapoint.
                          10th Anniversary Accord.
                          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

The cat doesn't really help performance. It IS a restriction. But it's not such a restriction that it's worth removing. The sound, smell, toxic emissions, and illegality that are the results of removing a cat really aren't worth removing it.

Removing a catalytic converter to be faster is like wearing lightweight shoelaces so you can jump higher.
                            If it's not a race car, track only, it should have a cat. If it's a dedicated track car, ditch the cat.

Comment

On the factory turbo DSMs I was told that deleteing the cat can cause boost creep. I wonder if it would do the same to a CB with the DSM 14b setup that most people use.

Comment

Working...
                              X