Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Emissions Guru! Please Help, Failed 4 tests in a row.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is your o2 levels at and your co2%?

Cats can either fail very fast or not effect anything if you have a exhaust leak or if your running lean.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      what is your o2 levels at and your co2%?

Cats can either fail very fast or not effect anything if you have a exhaust leak or if your running lean.
      Well im 99% sure there are no exhaust leaks, and i know im not running lean, because the hydrocarbons would be passing if i was running lean right?

Co2 - 14.9
      o2 - 0.0 - 0.1
      Last edited by JusAlil4Banger; 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that everything is working properly, and my only issue is the motor being Japanese and higher compression. Maybe this motor just isn't capable of putting out the required emissions, due to its higher compression... I really hope I'm wrong though! Cause if that's the case, the only option i see is to maybe get a thicker head gasket to reduce compression? Only i don't know enough about the compression to be able to say that a couple more millimeters in the chamber, will really drop my compression enough to even make a substantial difference?

I think i might start driving around and looking for a crooked smog dude. I haven't had my car since the beginning of September! And living 30 miles away from any form of civilization, you need to have a freakin car available when you live that far from any type of grocery store, or hospital! not only that, I've been working on my CB for over a year straight now, and i feel i should just be able to drive it!! FUDGE.

Comment

Okay, new plan. I'm about to go buy a new set of sparkplugs and a new set of feeler gauges, do a valve adjustment, and install the plugs, then go re test, and if that doesnt help me, im going to do an illegal smog

Comment

I've seen a h22 completely wipe out a cat. The h22 like to consume a little oil which doesnt help
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Any suggestios?? info?? thers no way a cat could go bad after only 1-2k miles right?? im not smoking at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JusAlil4Banger View Post
                Any suggestios?? info?? thers no way a cat could go bad after only 1-2k miles right?? im not smoking at all.
                I don't think so.

Did you properly warm up the cat by driving around for awhile before getting the car tested?

You could add another catalytic converter. I've heard that this can help.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                  I don't think so.

Did you properly warm up the cat by driving around for awhile before getting the car tested?

You could add another catalytic converter. I've heard that this can help.
                  It takes a while to get to the smog place...........................

Comment

ive seen catalytic converters installed backwards...

and installing two cats is illegal.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      I've seen a h22 completely wipe out a cat. The h22 like to consume a little oil which doesnt help

Sounds like you've SEEN and know a good deal about catalytic converters

But mine is brand new, and I stood right next to the guy as he installed it properly. but just be triple sure, ill go out and check it in the morning. i hear that the honeycomb thing inside can bust lose, blah blah blah! you hear alot of stuff!! too bad most of it doesnt pertain to my problem

Comment

Sounds like you've SEEN and know a good deal about catalytic converters

But mine is brand new, and I stood right next to the guy as he installed it properly. but just be triple sure, ill go out and check it in the morning. i hear that the honeycomb thing inside can bust lose, blah blah blah! you hear alot of stuff!! too bad most of it doesnt pertain to my problem
                        New cats can suck ass. They all suck. They dont filter as well as they should.

Well im 99% sure there are no exhaust leaks, and i know im not running lean, because the hydrocarbons would be passing if i was running lean right?

Co2 - 14.9
                        o2 - 0.0 - 0.1
                        Was that on every test or only when the NOx was down?
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                          New cats can suck ass. They all suck. They dont filter as well as they should.

Was that on every test or only when the NOx was down?
                          It was on my very last test, after i had installed new dizzy cap, new o2 sensor, and re installed the FPR solenoid. The test where the NOx were down, the co2 reading dropped down to 8.6, and that when the check engine light was on... every other test, the co2 and o2 were about the same. c02 averaged between 14.0 - 15.0 and co averaged about .2 - .1

Comment

how is using 2 cats illegal? BMW's have 4

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                              how is using 2 cats illegal? BMW's have 4
                              The point is, I want to fix whatever is causing my problems... not just try to hide them. 2 cats will do me no good anyway.

What would really be cool is if i could find out what the average HC and NOx output for the H22a, but Ive been searching everywhere and cant find this information, and i think its cause there are just way too many variables that come into play when getting your emissions reading...

I just hate how people come on forums talking like they know shit, but really they'er just repeating something they read on another forum somewhere, and really have no idea about anything. And then the people that arent smart enough to tell the difference, listen to guys like this, and mess there cars up!!

NO BUENO

Comment

just wanted to get a fact out there to not eliminate a possible option for you. but if you don't want to use more than one thats cool.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X