Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22A4 refresh and upgrade to A3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22A4 refresh and upgrade to A3

J wan't to itnroduce my build that will replace my 90 HP carburated f20a6.
    Motor was taken out of my preovious car - canadian cb7 with F22A4 AT. Was in ok shape and working till the end. By the way J wanted to do some modyfications and upgrades:

F22A3 cam, ecu, intake with butterflys.
    Increase compression ratio to A3 level.
    A little polish and porting job.

My goal is power of stock A3 (about 150 hp) Will use gearbox from carburated cb (shorter gears) so should by fun
    And now some pics:

F22a4

ditry head

In process of cleaning

exhaust ports enlarged a little

header endings refined

Last edited by cb3frompoland; 01-07-2013, 03:44 PM.

I think you mean F22A6 not 3

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I mean F22A3 - its edm and similar to yours A6

Comment

Huh alright cool

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

By similar you mean much better. The 4B camshaft in the F22A3 is more of a jump from the 4A found in our F22A6 than the 4A is from the 3B found in the F22A1/4. It really is a nice camshaft. The compression is also 9.8:1 where as most other top-end F22As outside of the US were 9.3:1. Either one is a decent bump from the crappy 8.8:1 we got. The PT4 ECU was then tuned to accommodate these changes. An H22/H23 plenum would be great for this engine given the camshaft design.

cb3frompoland:
          I had no idea you had a Canadian car over there. That's pretty cool. I'm excited to see how this project turns out for you. Spend a lot of time on those exhaust ports. It's where this head needs the most help and you'll see decent benefits. However, make sure your porting is even across all cylinders and doesn't extend beyond the shapes of the gasket openings. Keep up the good work.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Looks great, Michael!
            It will certainly be an impressive gain... 90hp to 150hp (probably more, with the port enlargement... the exhaust ports are fairly restrictive in stock form on the F22A)

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
            I think you mean F22A6 not 3
            Always look to see where someone is from before criticizing their apparent mistakes. Not all Accords are the same as our North American models.

Comment

I wasnt criticizing, I saw he was from poland and also uses J's as I's thought maybe he confuses 3 with 6.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                The 4B camshaft in the F22A3 is more of a jump from the 4A found in our F22A6 than the 4A is from the 3B found in the F22A1/4.
                Jarrett, please correct your (multiple posts) F22 cam #'s:
                F22A6=4B
                F22A4/A1=3A
                http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2778390
                Thanks!

Comment

Excuse me my horrible English but posting here is one of the ways to improve it.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  By similar you mean much better. The 4B camshaft in the F22A3 is more of a jump from the 4A found in our F22A6 than the 4A is from the 3B found in the F22A1/4. It really is a nice camshaft. The compression is also 9.8:1 where as most other top-end F22As outside of the US were 9.3:1. Either one is a decent bump from the crappy 8.8:1 we got. The PT4 ECU was then tuned to accommodate these changes. An H22/H23 plenum would be great for this engine given the camshaft design.

cb3frompoland:
                  I had no idea you had a Canadian car over there. That's pretty cool. I'm excited to see how this project turns out for you. Spend a lot of time on those exhaust ports. It's where this head needs the most help and you'll see decent benefits. However, make sure your porting is even across all cylinders and doesn't extend beyond the shapes of the gasket openings. Keep up the good work.
                  Yea, Lucky me I live in Europe and have acces to A3
                  I think it's compression ratio is so high becouse our gasoline has 95 and 98 octans standard when yours only 85 (or maybe I'm wrong?)

Cb isn't common car in Poland however you can see it sometimes on the streets even usdm ones.
                  Thanks for your tips Jarret, J'll do my best, gaskets will be portmatched.
                  Was thinking about h23 intake but bought a3 one with ecu for cheap. Always can upgrade in future

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Looks great, Michael!
                    It will certainly be an impressive gain... 90hp to 150hp (probably more, with the port enlargement... the exhaust ports are fairly restrictive in stock form on the F22A)
                    Thanks for your kind words

Comment

Your English is fine. Better than a lot of members on here from the US!

The octane ratings in the US and Europe are different. Our ratings are lower than yours for the same fuel. 87 octane is "regular" in most areas (though I believe you are correct, 85 can be found in some places.) Our 87 would be about equal with 91 octane in most of Europe. Our premium fuel is 93 in most areas (91 in California), and would be closer to your 98.
                      Here's some information on the different ratings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

Emissions requirements may be the reason for the lower powered cars in the US.
                      Or maybe Honda just didn't think we would care about having a more powerful Accord (we never got the Accord Type R / Euro R in the US either!)

Comment

The F22A3 is a great motor, i have one in my 4ws Accord, it pulls the same as my F20A8, which had 1 or 2 bolt ons. If it were not for the auto box on the F22A3 im sure it would be quicker.

I keep thinking about stealing the cam and intake manifold off it but i restrain myself for some sick reason
                        Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 01-08-2013, 07:01 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Last weekend did some work:

cleaned pistons, polished tops and new rings installed

cleaned oil pan:

made custom egr block-off plate:

cleaned intake and plenum:

together

came out better than I expected

Comment

Man, I love reading threads like this. I had no idea about the specifics of the A3. Good luck with the build, and keep the photos coming.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X