Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short Shift Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Shift Adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1997-Ho...b2c37d&vxp=mtr

I just did the DIY short shift adapter, and it seems to work pretty well. i was just looking for something a little more permanent. I found this on ebay but i dont really understand how it connects to the stick, or how you would install this.

and would this still work for a 1990? i can't find a specific one for a 1990.

Comment

it looks like the hole slides over the connecting shaft on your shifter, and provides another mounting point about an inch above it, decreasing the throw necessary for a shift. i guess the set-screw tightens down on the back side of the shifter, locking the new piece in place. I dont like how it only has one, small set screw, those come loose on me all the time. I wouldnt trust it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

alright cool thanks! also the only short throw shifter adapters i can find are for the CD5. will these also work on the cb7?

Comment

Please use the edit button if you have something to add. Otherwise, you may find your post count reset to 0 because half of your posts are "oh yeah, and..."

Anyway, the DIY adapter does EXACTLY the same thing as any fancier looking piece you can buy elsewhere. All it does is change the location of the cable mounting point.

From my own experience, shortening the shift causes wear on the transmission, and will result in grinding and difficult, notchy shifting. I'll take a smooth long throw over forcing it into gear with a short shifter any day! I nearly blew my engine racing due to my short shifter (which, in my case, is a modified stock shifter with a new mounting point welded on.) I redlined 3rd, and due to the notchiness, I didn't realize when I slammed it into 2nd instead of 4th. I was lucky. A number of other guys on this site did the same thing... and ended up doing damage to expensive H22s.

Comment

I tried the diy short shifter and like deev said, it's notchy and I didn't like it. I just swapped to a prelude shifter instead.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

ebay adapter works fine in my car accept when shifting reverse it rubs the shift boot plate

Comment

Working...
              X