Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SRI vacuum line questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRI vacuum line questions.

I bought this car and it had this SRI installed. 2 of the vacuum lines are not connected and im not sure where they go. I've looked at several vacuum line diagrams but im having trouble.

You can see that in the IM there is a male end sticking out that is not connected to anything. when i rev the engine it has vacuum pressure.
    The other hose is just kinda hanging there with no where to go.

Get rid of the silly small filter thing, that is where the loose tube goes.

There should be a red hose attached to the open nipple.

Comment

Where does the red hose go?

Comment

The red hose that comes from the black charcoal canister (below black emissions box that vac lines 20, 21 + 24 go into) connects to the nipple that's on top of the throttle body. The metal hardline w/ the elec. tape is supposed to connect to the spot where that breather filter is. The vac. hose in the far back w/ the slight bend in it, that is for the air boost valve and it looks like the intake tube doesn't have provisions for it. This valve is not necessary, the line can be capped off @ the valve itself if you want.

Comment

I took pictures to help you out maybe

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

^Good pics, any reason why you connected vac line #8 to the air boost valve line? Those could both be deleted if you wanted to.
            I will also add that once you add an intake (any type, air box/plastic tubing/resonator behind bumper deleted) vac line #8 and the intake control solenoid valve + diaphragm can be deleted. Might as well get rid of some clutter!
            Last edited by Granite CB7; 12-24-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Who you talking to? I did delete the stuff by the passenger fender.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I used the ^ to point to the prev. post. I had noticed in your 1st pic that vac line 8 looks like it's connected to the black plastic hardline that goes to the air boost valve. Air boost valve needs to be hooked up to the intake before the t/b. Since you did delete all pass. fender stuff, line 8 goes away. Just wasn't sure why they were hooked together

EDIT: N/M, as I looked closely, I noticed #8 was used as an extension for the air boost valve line, nipple is on the front of the tube and not the back, sorry about that!
                Last edited by Granite CB7; 12-30-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Ok thanks those pics helped out a lot!! I'm still unsure of where that red braided vacuum hose goes. I don't have a hose coming off of that male nipple.(see pics)

Comment

^Have you found the charcoal canister? The red braided hose should be coming off of the canister. It all depends on what the prev. owner did too. Try to follow WildBill's diagram below.
                    Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                      I used the ^ to point to the prev. post. I had noticed in your 1st pic that vac line 8 looks like it's connected to the black plastic hardline that goes to the air boost valve. Air boost valve needs to be hooked up to the intake before the t/b. Since you did delete all pass. fender stuff, line 8 goes away. Just wasn't sure why they were hooked together

EDIT: N/M, as I looked closely, I noticed #8 was used as an extension for the air boost valve line, nipple is on the front of the tube and not the back, sorry about that!
                      Yah lol confused me.

the red hose on mine goes from that charcoal canister up to the TB behind the intake piping.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                      X