Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel filter

I replaced.my fuel filter today and one of the fuel lines are leaking. The fuel line running from the filter to the injectors. My question is how tight can i tighten that bolt to the fuel filter. Can it be super tight without stripping the thread? Its already pretty tight so is it possible and safe to put silicone around the bolt? Got the ff from autozone too.

Did you replace / refit the crush washers?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

IMO, no silicone will stand against auto fuel. Wrinkle up and come off in no time.

As said, make sure to have copper washers installed. They can be re-used once or twice with ill effect if you don't have new ones.
      A&P-IA

Comment

the new filter came with two copper washers then a smaller copper washer. i dont know where the smaller copper ring goes. so i compared the thickness of the new rings to the old stock ones and it turns out the stock ones were thickER SO I USED THOSE. MAYBE I should use the new ones. but how tight can i tighten the banjo bolt? is it a huge risk to overtighten the bolt and mess up the threads?

Comment

You shouldn't have to use cosmic force to tighten the bolts down. I believe your shit is leaking because of wrong and/or missing washers. No amount of tightening is going to keep it from leaking if the washer is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dmar155 View Post
            the new filter came with two copper washers then a smaller copper washer. i dont know where the smaller copper ring goes. so i compared the thickness of the new rings to the old stock ones and it turns out the stock ones were thickER SO I USED THOSE. MAYBE I should use the new ones. but how tight can i tighten the banjo bolt? is it a huge risk to overtighten the bolt and mess up the threads?
            Put the new washers on, a thicker washer isn't an indication of a better seal.

The small washer is for some models that have a 10mm bleed screw on top of the banjo bolt.

And the proper torque for the banjo bolt is 16 lb/ft. (As a general indication that's half as much as the sump plug)

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
            X