Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front end squeaking when going over bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end squeaking when going over bump

My front end squeaks when i go over a speed bump what is it?

Its your driver-side upper ball-joint for sure.
    wat?

Comment

Sweet ill order a new one thanks man

Comment

Sometimes the rubber seat where spring sits in

Comment

When ordering a new ball joint, you're best getting an entire new upper control arm. Honda doesn't sell the upper ball joint separately, and I'm inclined to think that they do this for a reason. You'd be wise to get both sides as well. If one is bad, the other isn't far behind. Check your lower ball joints as well. If the boot on any ball joint is torn, the joint must be replaced.

Also, check all rubber bushings. The rubber seat that Dynamic93-408 is also a definite possibility (though that can't really be checked without taking your spring/shock assembly apart.)

Comment

Front sway bar bushings may need to be lubricated.

(Also, inspect the front sway bar end links. They don't squeak but are probably shot....and are cheap to replace.)
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

First guy to answer got it right. I had this problem but i replaced it after seeing the things that could happen if you don't.
              10th Anniversary Accord.
              05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

i have front and rear squeaks when i go over bumps have greased the sway-bar links , just replace ball joints so i assume it must be the spring pockets, is there any thing else under our cars that can cause this squeak

Comment

Could be the shocks themselves if they're blown, or nearly blown.

And for all those saying EXACTLY what it is... you can't possibly do that. You could be looking at a seriously profitable career as a service writer if you could identify a problem based on the owner's account of a squeak! Just because that's what YOUR squeak was doesn't mean it's what HIS is. It may be, but it's not 100%.

Upper ball joints should be replaced with the entire control arm. Cheap "ebay" parts are well known to fail... so the best solution is to use OEM parts. He's looking at $300 for parts alone from Honda! Let's not say that it's the ball joints without a doubt until he checks them out first. Usually (but not always), the boot will be ripped when the joint is shot. Sometimes it can fail with the boot intact, but it's not common.

Comment

Me and prez found the squaks to be the upper control arm bushings. Replaced them with poly and it went away.

Take them out and inspect them with a flat head screwdriver and forcing them to expose the worn bushings.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I had a squeak once that was coming from a lower ball joint. I would get squeaking when I would go over a good bump on the freeway and when turning my steering wheel. The rubber boots looked fine. I found out the hard way unfortuneatly. It let go on me while I was taking a turn. Luckily I wasn't going fast at all, thus not causing much damage to my car. Only damage that I had was a deep gouge in the wheel. If that would of gone out on the freeway or something, I probably wouldn't be around to pass on this info.

Currently I have squeaking coming from the Polyurethane bushings that I have installed. I just need to take everything apart and re-grease very thing with the apropriate grease. I only hear it when I raise my car up off the ground to swap wheels.

In my situation, I had replaced the both lower ball joints and complete upper control arms on my car. They weren't more than a few months old before they failed. I chose the inexpensive route and went with a brand named Falcon. Never again. Only trust quality parts when it comes to critical suspension components. I ended up replacing everything again with Moog parts. I only reccomend Moog or OEM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Working...
                      X