Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Quick questions regarding 93 accord lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick questions regarding 93 accord lifters

So, first off I had my oil pan replaced and, managed to go to an apparently sketchy shop, they decided to do whatever with my lifters, now they make a grinding tapping noise, a friend of mine told me is have to get the replaced is this true or is it an easy fix? If they do need to be replaced any specific brands that are better or anyone's had good experiences with?

f22's were never offered with lifters.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

93 accord lx? 4cil?
      That's what my friend had told me when he listened, he said it was the lifters? So then what else could it be? When I accelerate it makes a grinding noise and holds if I hold that speed, (not around gearshifts)

Comment

they have rockers and the valve clearance/lash can be adjusted.

they need to be adjusted cold, im guessing the person didn't do it correctly which is pretty common.
        I <3 G60.

Comment

Perhaps your friend means the rocker arms? The tapping you hear may be the valves, or it may be the injectors (our injectors are quite noisy).

Regardless, that stuff is all in the head... nowhere near the oil pan. The should should never have gone near your head to replace an oil pan.

Do a valve adjustment (or have it done by a reputable shop). Do an oil change with the proper weight oil for your engine, using a quality brand (non-synthetic.)

Comment

Sweet thanks ^.^" sorry if its an idiotic noob question, its my first car and
            I've never been taught anything about em so I'm learning on the go, great to know its a simple fix thanks for the help

Comment

It MAY be a simple fix... if the valves are the source of the noise.

And noob questions are always welcome, as long as you show that you're willing to actually think for yourself, and learn from the answers given to you by people that DO know what they're talking about (both of which you seem willing to do... unlike many others... )

Comment

Personally I would drop the oil pan again and see if they screwed with the bottom end.. Maybe check the oil for metal shavings. Did they spray cleaner on any bearing surfaces and not relube them?

Just scary... don't drive much until you figure it out or you might as well start saving for the h22 swap.

Comment

Adding oil should relube any internal part that needs lubing. I assume that oil has been added prior to starting.

Comment

You never know, he went to a shady shop. Also if you spray your main bearings with cleaner you can spin a bearing before the oil gets back through the pump to the oilers.

Comment

he might be thinking about the rockers ?
                      10th Anniversary Accord.
                      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        You never know, he went to a shady shop. Also if you spray your main bearings with cleaner you can spin a bearing before the oil gets back through the pump to the oilers.
                        im not sure how this physically possible with the crankshaft in...
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

There is a clearance gap for the oil to lubricate the shaft, degreaser/cleaner gets in there easier than oil. Trust me it is possible, just don't ask how I know.

My guess is they tried to clean the the oil pickup and windage tray (if equiped) and overspray gets in there.

Comment

Working...
                          X