Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rim fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rim fitment

so i got new xxr 002 15x8 + 0 0ffset on 185/60r15, n was wondering if i would need a camber kit or would it just fit perfectly with out having to fender roll.

There are many threads on here asking the same, i suggest you search to get a better more in depth answer. but, no. your 0 offset wheels will not be "flush" without having to BOTH roll&pull and run a bit of negative camber especially in the back. Good luck

Comment

If you bought them like you say, put them on and you would know the answer to your question.

Why would you buy a set of rims without knowing how they would properly fit your vehicle? Ass backwards.

Comment

@ "fit perfectly"

The proper offset for a CB is between +38 and +45. 0 offset was never meant to fit on a CB.
        8" wide is VERY wide... and those skinny 185 width tires must be dangerously stretched to fit on them. That's really scary, dude.

The only way you're going to fit those wheels on your car is likely going to be with extreme negative camber. Chances are very good that you're going to dent the inner lip of the wheel, potentially cracking the wheel or ripping the tire off, on the first bump you come across. I hope this is a show car, and not a daily driver.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone noticed or whatnot. May be I typo. But 185/60? That is crazy tall for that type of wheel. Like woIf your lowered your going to basically have to go back to stock ride height and camber the carp out of the wheels to prevent scraping/rubbing. It seems like a really unsafe setup all together.

Comment

It's a 15" wheel, so no... that's not tall at all. The stock tire size for an EX (with 15" alloy wheels... 5.5" wide! is 195/60/15)
            This tire will actually be smaller than a stock EX tire (the "height" is the aspect ratio, calculated by the width... and the stock size is wider than this guy is running)... stretched to fit on a rim 2.5" wider than stock.

This is going to be an EXTREMELY dangerous setup. The car will need to look like this to clear anything at all: /---\

Comment

Ok deep I got yah now. It just sounded really tall. That would not even appeal to me. Almost seems like someone was trying to cheap out to acquire meaty fitment.

Comment

Did you buy them used from someone else?

This new "stanced" trend has kids doing absolutely stupid things, usually with XXR wheels with totally wrong offsets, stretched tires, and dangerous camber. People here get angry at me for being so harsh on the "style", but I'm focused more on safety... those things aren't safe at all, and I don't want to see anyone here crash because they wanted to follow a dying trend.

Comment

To the OP. as stated before, 8" wide rims with 0 offset, will need alot of work. Also, with no major work done to your fenders and with no camber kit, it will look straight low rider status. And even if it does have a "poke" stance, it still will not look proper because you're going to have a very negative camber look. But, it's your taste. Sib ntsib dlua.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

If the camber is too extreme with wheels that wide, I'd imagine the wheel/tire could make contact with suspension parts that it should not be touching.

Oh, and to illustrate the super stretched tire on the 8" wide wheel issue:

Have fun with that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      People here get angry at me for being so harsh on the "style", but I'm focused more on safety...
                      Yeah maybe but lets keep it real...

That shit looks ridiculous to be completely honest.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                        Yeah maybe but lets keep it real...

That shit looks ridiculous to be completely honest.
                        Oh, I totally agree... but I wouldn't be so passionate about telling people not to do it if it was just a matter of me not liking it. I think sticker bombing your lip/fender/spoiler/etc... is absolutely idiotic, but I hold my tongue... because people can do as they wish.
                        But dangerous wheels/tires/brakes/suspension... that shit puts lives at risk, and not just the lives of the drivers.

Comment

Working...
                        X