Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

will a 96 accord v6 motor and trans fit in a 92 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will a 96 accord v6 motor and trans fit in a 92 accord

looking for a new trans for my cb9 wagon and i came across an awesome deal for a 96 v6 accord parts car with a good motor and trans will these fit?

Anything will fit with enough time and money... Will it bolt right in ... no.

Comment

also those v6 accord trannys are known to fail alot keep that in mind

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Actually, the 5th gens didn't have significant transmission problems. It was the 6th gen that did.

Anyway, no, it will not be an easy swap. Doable, yes... but absolutely pointless, other than to say you have a V6 swap. There's less aftermarket support for that engine than there is for the F22A. They're also ONLY automatic.

Comment

The front end on '95-'97 Accord V6s is physically larger to accommodate the 90-degree engine. Assuming you could shoehorn it in there it would be a tight fit.

Also, there is a manual transmission available in the first-generation Legend that will fit that engine.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ah yes. I forgot the 1st gen Legend used a proper transverse FWD setup.

Comment

be interesting. have a really cool exhaust note, but no power difference between a h22.

Comment

For the work it would take, there are better V6s to be used.

Comment

only thought about buying it cuz i need a trans and i can get both for the price of one with the deal i found also i dont have a ton of money to dump into a swap so i guess it would be better to just keep looking for a trans

Comment

If you don't have a ton of money to dump into a swap... I suggest not doing something that takes a ton of custom work.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Actually, the 5th gens didn't have significant transmission problems. It was the 6th gen that did.

Anyway, no, it will not be an easy swap. Doable, yes... but absolutely pointless, other than to say you have a V6 swap. There's less aftermarket support for that engine than there is for the F22A. They're also ONLY automatic.
                      oh i thought it was all the early v6's my fault

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Working...
                      X