Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sycrotech transmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sycrotech transmissions

Hey what's up , I just ordered a oem rebuilt transmission from sycrotech for my 93 ex 5 speed . Got a great price imo and great customer service plus I'm keeping my core to experiment with I will update next Tuesday when I take delivery .

I searched and did not find any information on this sight about sycrotech , has anyone used them on there cb7 ? I read several reviews on HT and found lots of positive reviews. So I went for it .

It's Synchrotech.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

What's the shipping cost to your place?
      A&P-IA

Comment

Spelling is not my strong point..thanks for correcting me ..LOL . But anyways to Cincinnati Ohio is $100 shipped one way no core return ordered yesterday nov 7 should receive it Nov 13 .

Comment

http://shop.synchrotech-transmission...-A9093-406.htm

If it costs $695.00 with you returning the core, how much did they charge you to keep the core? Their site says they require a core return, how did you talk them out of that?

They do very pretty work, I have yet to hear anything bad. I wish they would do custom torque converters.

Also why not append this or merge this with the thread you already started?

Comment

What's the core charge? $100?

Sorry for being nosy. I may need one myself,,,,.

Thanks
            A&P-IA

Comment

Shipping was $100
              Dave said they are overstocked on our trannies so he did not want the core
              I paid $795.00 out the door to my door
              I did not add this to my other post because I thought it was being deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb4door View Post
                Shipping was $100
                Good score, now you can rebuild the tranny you got eventually and have a spare. You lucked out, that is a great price for shipping with a quality rebuilt transmission.

The OP deletes threads, so if you want the other thread deleted you have to do it. Mods can do it too but generally rarely do unless the thread is out of hand or really badly composed.

Comment

Thanks , I needed some luck on this one . LOL. I'm defanatly going to use the old as a learning experience. I will keep you guys updated on the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb4door View Post
                    Shipping was $100
                    If the shop didn't want your core, they should have dropped the core charge. Or, you could negotiated to half or something.

In any case, you did good on the purchase of a transmission from a (I think) well known shop.

Let us know how it performs on your car.
                    A&P-IA

Comment

$695.00 is with the price with the core returned, the core charge is dropped. Also core charges are to compensate and reduce price of reman units because you send them reusable parts. In reality if they wanted to they could charge an extra $125 for not returning a core and that would be the cost of the housing and reusable components.

That is a very respectable price for a rebuilt unit in the condition/fashion they do it.

I know some Acura guys who use this shop only and recommend only them for Honda units.
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

my bad. fail to notice "to my door" part.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

Local shops want $1,600 to $2,200 to rebuild , jasper wants $1,700 Plus $450 core . I feel really good about my purchase. I will defanatly keep you guys up to date on how it performs.

Comment

Keep us updated. Synchrotech has been a familiar name on this forum for a long time, along with GearSpeed (not sure what the relation is... I know it's not the same company)... but not many have actually had work done. Not many are willing to drop $2000+ on a transmission rebuild for these old cars, sadly!

I was about to mention the spelling as well, since you misspelled the very name of the company you're asking about! However, when I went to type this reply, I actually made the mistake of spelling it the same way.
                            Here's a tip, especially if you KNOW your spelling sucks: get Firefox, and pay attention to the red underlines that show possible spelling errors. Also, re-read everything you type to ensure things are properly spelled, and that your words actually make sense.

Comment

ieSpell works, too.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                              X