Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 f22a4 to a f22b1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 f22a4 to a f22b1

will the f22a4 automatic trans bolt up to the the f22b1 engine and is this a straight bolt in swap and also if the f22b1 is obd2 can i hardwire the b1 ecu to my a4 harness?

DON'T DO IT!!!

I'm just trying to save you some heartache.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Find an H22A1 or F22A6 if you need a new motor and want more umph..

Check the swaps section for a good reason why.

Comment

If he just wants a stock replacement then there is no reason against the swap.

Comment

Other than he will have to either adapt his car to OBD2 or the motor to OBD1? Also he will have to find a P28 or PT6 ECU if he goes the ODB1 motor conversion route.

It can be a few extra costs just to get a economy VTEC.

Comment

Alright im doing it no matter what lol! The reason ffor me doing it is my a4 hass a cracked block! I already own the b1 as well! Imm doing for a daily driver nothing else soo? Will the transs bolt up? And i have the a4 and the b1 harnesses can i make this work?

Comment

Also cant i put the a4 head on the b1 bloxxk?

Comment

It will bolt right up, it will not wire right in. Any thoughts on using the A4 IM/H/E on the B1 block?

Use your A4 alt, and maybe the P/S pump if you do the A4 head swap.

If you already own the motor then I cannot argue with the logic.

You will have OBD1 conversion fun though. I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Here is some good info on the b1 swap

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138663

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post

You will have OBD1 conversion fun though. I wish you the best of luck.
                  And an obd1 conversion isn't hard when the motor came in obd1 form in 9495 accord EX's

Comment

I understand, and I hope the OP has an ODB1, but there are far more OBD2 F22B1 motors floating around than ODB1. But if he does have the OBD1 then it should be a walk in the park. I believe he said he has an ODB2 though.

OP, do you have the OBD1 ECU for the F22B1?

Me personally would use all F22A4 parts and the F22B1 block and not deal with the VTEC and extra wiring.

Comment

If he kept his A4 he can just use parts from it to convert and just use a p0a ecu from a 94-95ex. It's pretty simple.

As for vtec it's 2 wires lol he can always just use his A4 head on the b1 block aswell.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Yeah sadlyy its obd2! And yeah im gonna use the a4 head due to better flow if i use the head from the a4 nothing will have to change right? Idk it has a cracked block tho and is backfiring from the throttle body!

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                          I understand, and I hope the OP has an ODB1, but there are far more OBD2 F22B1 motors floating around than ODB1. But if he does have the OBD1 then it should be a walk in the park. I believe he said he has an ODB2 though.

OP, do you have the OBD1 ECU for the F22B1?

Me personally would use all F22A4 parts and the F22B1 block and not deal with the VTEC and extra wiring.
                          Once you tear the head off you're into replacing various gaskets and shit

That right there is more work and money

OBD2 to OBD1 is simple, swap the distributor and the injectors as well as the IACV, there might be one thing i'm forgetting but thats the most part of it

Comment

Alternator will need a swap as well.

OP do you have the F22B1 exhaust header?

Taking the head off you just need to redo the head gasket and valve cover seals, oh and exhaust and intake gaskets.

Comment

Originally posted by mfortune333 View Post
                              Yeah sadlyy its obd2! And yeah im gonna use the a4 head due to better flow if i use the head from the a4 nothing will have to change right? Idk it has a cracked block tho and is backfiring from the throttle body!
                              I'd stick with the b1, it makes more power in stock form. That is if you're seriously not going to modify it.

But yeah you could swap the heads on the blocks and then you will basically have an f22a4 again.

Comment

Working...
                              X