Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Enigne Head Swap Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enigne Head Swap Inquiry

So, here lately, I've been wandering around local pick n'pulls, mostly to gather lips for ground effect, but i stumbled across something that made a nice little lightbulb go off in my head, that I hadn't quite started researching- I know that H22 and H23 heads fit on our F22 block, but what about F23 vtec SOHC heads?

-Cuz, honestly, i dont want to do a DOHC swap. I wanna try and see what i can pull from a SOHC Vtec.

-now, problem is, I also recently bought a 4-2-1 Exhaust head from Megan, of course, for the stock F22 Head. Would it fit, if I did decide to do any swaps? If so, I'll just say screw the swapping and set me aside an entire H22a.

-Now, i looked and looked around in the beginner forums, and saw no content related to such an inquiry, and please, be gentle, for I am new to the honda community.

The header will not fit. Also the head swap isnt worth it. Save for an H swap. Frank motors have been done, there are a few of them still around, but for the average joe its not something to get involved in.

Comment

If you want to see what type of numbers you can get out of a single cam F-series then you've already got the best head on your engine now. The F23A could be beneficial if you used the block from the F23A and your current head with K20A2 pistons and a nice cam. This guy in San Antonio did and made great numbers. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php...1#post46520723
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The SOHC VTEC heads flow like crap. You can make more power with your F22A head.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The SOHC VTEC heads flow like crap. You can make more power with your F22A head.
          Actually the F23 flows better at lower lifts and out flows the f22a on the exhaust quite abit.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

For the people that are too lazy or inexperienced (or both) to learn if it can even be done, let's just stick with the "lousy performance upgrade" argument.
            Anyone who knows enough to make power from a SOHC VTEC head will know enough to safely install it on an F22A block... or at least enough to get started.

Plus, SOHC VTEC engines are dirt cheap. Why go through the hassle of a headswap when the entire engine can be dropped in. The entire engine swap presents much less of a reliability issue.

Comment

the only thing id swap would be a jdm f22b dohc. i had a h23 head swap and while i gained a little bit of power through my butt dyno, it constantly smoked even after having the valve stem seals replaced and head surfaced
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X