Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bad engine knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
    New Bearings + Sloppy Job = Major Failure
    THIS!! If the mechanic didn't do his job right, its not gonna last. Sounds like the bottom end to me. Take it back to the mechanic. If he values his reputation, he will fix it, that is all a mechanic really has is his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
      THIS!! If the mechanic didn't do his job right, its not gonna last. Sounds like the bottom end to me. Take it back to the mechanic. If he values his reputation, he will fix it, that is all a mechanic really has is his reputation.
      i called the mechanic he said he will come by sometime this week to see if its something that he did that caused the problem

Comment

i had my rod bearings changed in my old motor cause it was knocking, one of the old bearings was cracked in half. but after about a month or two it started knocking again when i was about an hour away from home and when i got about 5 miles from home the motor blew. the mechanic didnt put bottom end back together right and i slung a rod.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Originally posted by CISCOKID View Post
          i called the mechanic he said he will come by sometime this week to see if its something that he did that caused the problem
          What's the word? From the video, it definitely sounds like bottom end; rod knock. It's too low pitched and loud to be something in the valve train IMO. Either the mechanic didn't reinstall something properly, or you've somehow coincidentally spun a rod bearing. I doubt it's slop in the rod cap / rod (causing a "wobble" up and down motion), but I suppose if he swapped rods/rod caps by accident that could be?

Originally posted by thumping_accord View Post
          i had my rod bearings changed in my old motor cause it was knocking, one of the old bearings was cracked in half. but after about a month or two it started knocking again when i was about an hour away from home and when i got about 5 miles from home the motor blew. the mechanic didnt put bottom end back together right and i slung a rod.
          A rod siezed and threw through the block? Ouch! indeed. I bought my CB7 because my Buick Regal spun a rod bearing. In hindsight I wish I would have kept the car rather than scrapping it; I would at least have something to tool around on (maybe even fix and sell!) while I drive the CB. Heck, I could even have fixed the Regal and used it as my DD, and then start doing real work on the CB!

Comment

Originally posted by thumping_accord View Post
            This reminded me of the time i had a dizzy leak a bad one and i forgot to keep adding oil to the car i was on the way to work and i hear BOOOOM and my car dies i was thinking wtf? so i look in my mirror i was on a highway in dallas called 75 the whole highway was black lol so i pulled over and looked behind the header was a hole about 4in tall and 4 in wide. good times.... i never liked the f22b2's after that

Comment

That sounds like a rod knock. Did the mechanic change the oil after doing the head? If he didn't then coolant more than likely got in the oil when the head was removed and spun a bearing or two.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

[QUOTE=reklipz;3071103]What's the word? From the video, it definitely sounds like bottom end; rod knock. It's too low pitched and loud to be something in the valve train IMO. Either the mechanic didn't reinstall something properly, or you've somehow coincidentally spun a rod bearing. I doubt it's slop in the rod cap / rod (causing a "wobble" up and down motion), but I suppose if he swapped rods/rod caps by accident that could be?

Something in the block was messed up not rod bearings tho
                i found another block for pretty cheap and its in the shop right now hopefully itll be ready by this week

Comment

Originally posted by owner232 View Post
                  This reminded me of the time i had a dizzy leak a bad one and i forgot to keep adding oil to the car i was on the way to work and i hear BOOOOM and my car dies i was thinking wtf? so i look in my mirror i was on a highway in dallas called 75 the whole highway was black lol so i pulled over and looked behind the header was a hole about 4in tall and 4 in wide. good times.... i never liked the f22b2's after that
                  That sucks! My F22 managed to make it home before it completely crapped out on me. I can at least say that my cb has never left me stranded, gotta love Hondas

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Working...
                  X