Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where to Find JDM F20B DOHC Pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Find JDM F20B DOHC Pistons

I'm looking for the 85mm OEM pistons for the above. Can any one help?
    I've looked everywhere for this things... Unfortunately came up short

Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Japan.
      LOL! I figured that... ugh

Comment

try hmotots online. good people

Comment

Originally posted by ridingtom9891 View Post
          No dice... Just tried the link and it lead to a dead end

Comment

http://www.hmotorsonline.com here it is. I have emailed them and they answer within a week or so, which is good compared to other JDM engine places were they don't answer at all. I have only heard good things about Hmotors online... word-of-mouth is the best advertisement.

Comment

Originally posted by ridingtom9891 View Post
              I love people that try to help, but their inability to effectively use a keyboard results in everyone else wasting their time.

HMO (hmotorsonline.com) is a great company, though I strongly suggest calling, rather than emailing. Steve isn't good about answering emails, usually.

The thing is, the F20B was never sold in the US, so obviously, you aren't going to find replacement pistons for it here. That's yet another reason the H22A is a far better choice (but people have to be "different", I suppose )
              While my initial answer may seem rude, it's the truth. You'll find the pistons you need in Japan. You'll either have to contact someone over there, or go through an importer like HMO, and pay their markup fee (they're not going to get your pistons for you for free!)

Other options would be to contact a piston company and have a custom set made, or visit a machine shop and see what it would take to fit available pistons into that engine (likely boring the stock sleeves... too much can weaken the block, though.)

Comment

I love people that try to help, but their inability to effectively use a keyboard results in everyone else wasting their time.

HMO (hmotorsonline.com) is a great company, though I strongly suggest calling, rather than emailing. Steve isn't good about answering emails, usually.

The thing is, the F20B was never sold in the US, so obviously, you aren't going to find replacement pistons for it here. That's yet another reason the H22A is a far better choice (but people have to be "different", I suppose )
                While my initial answer may seem rude, it's the truth. You'll find the pistons you need in Japan. You'll either have to contact someone over there, or go through an importer like HMO, and pay their markup fee (they're not going to get your pistons for you for free!)

Other options would be to contact a piston company and have a custom set made, or visit a machine shop and see what it would take to fit available pistons into that engine (likely boring the stock sleeves... too much can weaken the block, though.)
                Hmm. Fascinating. I will try to contact them. Also I'm only looking for these pistons because there is a guy selling me a complete F20b motor but one of the OEM pistons got chipped (?) He said he will give me a brand new set of turbo pistons for it though but that won't help me since I'm trying to go the N/A route. I think I might pass up on this and start looking for a H22a instead.

Comment

Here is the link to buy the pistons in the US, I little research goes a long way... http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/jdmhopcbsipi.html no only did I found the pistons, but the rings, bearing for rods and crankshaft...

Comment

Oh and all this stuff is OEM... FTW!

Comment

not to jack op thread but are the jdm f20b piston and jdm f22a piston the same ?
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Look up the bore and stroke of the two engines, and you'll likely answer your own question.

Also, if a piston is damaged, it's highly likely that other damage has occurred inside the engine. You'd need more than just pistons... and I'd worry that an engine with a "chipped piston" wasn't cared for very well. Unless it's a free engine, I'd stay away.

As for the pistons found in that shop, that's why I meant by an importer. You cannot order F20B pistons from Honda in the US, to my knowledge. Therefore, someone has to import them from Japan, or another country where the F20B was available. They will mark the parts up for their own profit/

Comment

accord problems, they're the same bore, and the're the perfect piston to build a high comp F block, on a h22 head compression numbers get to 11.7-11.8
                          so on a f22 head comp will be around 12-12.1
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Look up the bore and stroke of the two engines, and you'll likely answer your own question.

Also, if a piston is damaged, it's highly likely that other damage has occurred inside the engine. You'd need more than just pistons... and I'd worry that an engine with a "chipped piston" wasn't cared for very well. Unless it's a free engine, I'd stay away.

As for the pistons found in that shop, that's why I meant by an importer. You cannot order F20B pistons from Honda in the US, to my knowledge. Therefore, someone has to import them from Japan, or another country where the F20B was available. They will mark the parts up for their own profit/
                            Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                            accord problems, they're the same bore, and the're the perfect piston to build a high comp F block, on a h22 head compression numbers get to 11.7-11.8
                            so on a f22 head comp will be around 12-12.1
                            thank you thats all i wonted to know.
                            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

you can always have a piston made...
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X