Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seat Belt Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt Light

When all the seat belts are in, the dash light is still on. I really haven't started to diagnose it, but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem from before.

Likely a bad sensor or damaged wiring. Take it to Honda. Many aspects of the seatbelts are under an unconditional warranty, and will be replaced for free. I don't know if this would be covered under that, but it can't hurt to check! Free new parts, professionally installed... can't beat that!

Comment

deevergote is correct,
      there is lifetime warranty on seat belt buckles and if a shoulder belt is fraying and defective.
      this warranty does not cover electric mechanism like motorized belts found in 90-91.
      Budget Street is offline working in the shop

drop the mouse and pick up a wrench

Originally posted by deevergote
      Good for you. You don't even know how to spell VTEC.

Comment

OK I will do that becuase the belt is fraying and not retracting all the way. I will head over to the dealer and have them take a look.

Comment

The warranty covers auto seatbelts as long as there is no obvious intentional damage
          1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
          2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by DjM_coupe View Post
            The warranty covers auto seatbelts as long as there is no obvious intentional damage
            yea my understanding is it covers the belt but not the motor or the computer under the seat.

Comment

I have personally went to the dealer for auto seat belt repair and they just had to look up the warranty and they fixed it. They do cover the computer and motor.
              1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Comment

Originally posted by curtie94 View Post
                I have personally went to the dealer for auto seat belt repair and they just had to look up the warranty and they fixed it. They do cover the computer and motor.
                That's what I meant by the auto seatbelts...the whole system is covered.
                1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by curtie94 View Post
                  yea your probably right, The dealer I worked at was a bunch of greedy pricks.

I can remember replacing a seat belt computer on a ladies accord and it was a few hundred for diagnosis and r&r the part.

Comment

Make sure that they don't have you paying a diagnostic fee, also. They tried to get me to pay one, until I showed the guy the recall form! Do a search for "Accord Seatbelt Recall" and print it out just in case.

Comment

Until recently i didn't realize it was covered for the lifetime of the car. I was visiting one of the guys i worked with and he confirmed that for me. If i ever have a problem with my seat belt it gets fixed free.
                      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Here are copies of the bulletin and what's covered. I kept copies from my days at honda. Sorry about the size an error at photo bucket wouldn't let me make it smaller. Hope this helps clear up what is covered.

Comment

Working...
                        X