Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best oil for high Milage accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoxMotorsports View Post
    . just stay clear of the pennzoil
    why?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
      send me pics please .
      i will after school. around 6-7

Also i talked to some drag racers and they say they run them a quart low, makes it move faster, running your car a quart low doesnt hurt it, i had oil leaks on my F and ran it most of the time on 3 quarts, motors still good and i got a deal i couldnt pass for a jdm H so i did a swap. maybe a quart low doesnt do anything, but it doesnt hurt my motor, if it does o well time for a build. and it doesnt burn oil in vtec

Thats just me thoe, if u run ur car a quart low and u have an oil leak and u blow ur shit up dont come back to me..

everyone has there own opinion on oils and what not, if u change it when ur suppose too not every 4k or 5 then u should be fine. me i change it when ever it looks blackk on the dipstick.

i want to try synthetic oil, but with a H22 that always has oil leak problems(not mine but from reviews) im not going to chance it. and i rather change my oil every 3k so its fresh.

its all my opinion and just throwing out ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Bryans 90accord View Post
        i will after school. around 6-7

Also i talked to some drag racers and they say they run them a quart low, makes it move faster, running your car a quart low doesnt hurt it, i had oil leaks on my F and ran it most of the time on 3 quarts, motors still good and i got a deal i couldnt pass for a jdm H so i did a swap. maybe a quart low doesnt do anything, but it doesnt hurt my motor, if it does o well time for a build. and it doesnt burn oil in vtec

Thats just me thoe, if u run ur car a quart low and u have an oil leak and u blow ur shit up dont come back to me..

everyone has there own opinion on oils and what not, if u change it when ur suppose too not every 4k or 5 then u should be fine. me i change it when ever it looks blackk on the dipstick.

i want to try synthetic oil, but with a H22 that always has oil leak problems(not mine but from reviews) im not going to chance it. and i rather change my oil every 3k so its fresh.

The last time i talked to my dad, he was running Supertech from walmart because of the number of miles he'd be driving in a week/month so he was changing it more frequently. I totally agree with you regardless what brand oil you're running, you should be good so long as you're changing it at the regular intervals.

Comment

Who's review was that? The only leaks I've had was a rear and front crank seal. I wouldn't say that was due to the motor itself, they just went bad after a while. I've seen Hs burn oil...and mine burns I'd say a half a quart over the course of about 45-60 days. Which is pretty minimal and right around the time I do my oil changes, so it doesn't really concern me. I imagine once the new sleeved block goes in that should hopefully be eliminated altogether.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post

Who's review was that? The only leaks I've had was a rear and front crank seal. I wouldn't say that was due to the motor itself, they just went bad after a while. I've seen Hs burn oil...and mine burns I'd say a half a quart over the course of about 45-60 days. Which is pretty minimal and right around the time I do my oil changes, so it doesn't really concern me. I imagine once the new sleeved block goes in that should hopefully be eliminated altogether.
            google it, h22 oil leaks, it says h22 are known for oil leaks. and it gives every oil leak possible which is every seal.
            even machine shops that do work on motors, say h22s are always leaking oil somewhere. (so are most honda motors)

i havnt had my h22 in for 60 days yet so idk if it burned a half a quart..
            Last edited by Bryans 90accord; 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryans 90accord
              google it, h22 oil leaks, it says h22 are known for oil leaks. and it gives every oil leak possible which is every seal.
              even machine shops that do work on motors, say h22s are always leaking oil somewhere. (so are most honda motors)

Never let google build your car for you. I build based on what I know from personal experience. Even when "more knowledgeable" tuners give me advice, I still take it with a grain of salt. Because when your engine blows, or doesn't produce the power you were hoping for, you can't go back to the "experts" and ask for your money back.

Every car leaks oil. No matter the manufacturer, at some point seals are going to go and leak. Particular to the engines we are using in our cars, they are designed for high performance, aka racing. That being said, parts don't have the same life as your typical run-of-the-mill economy car. Going even further, no engine is the same. They are built by humans who have varying levels of quality control(but all exceed a set standard by Honda) They all have different amounts of wear and tear, and concurrently used and abused in different ways. Problems you encounter either someone else or myself might never encounter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                Never let google build your car for you. I build based on what I know from personal experience. Even when "more knowledgeable" tuners give me advice, I still take it with a grain of salt. Because when your engine blows, or doesn't produce the power you were hoping for, you can't go back to the "experts" and ask for your money back.

Every car leaks oil. No matter the manufacturer, at some point seals are going to go and leak. Particular to the engines we are using in our cars, they are designed for high performance, aka racing. That being said, parts don't have the same life as your typical run-of-the-mill economy car. Going even further, no engine is the same. They are built by humans who have varying levels of quality control(but all exceed a set standard by Honda) They all have different amounts of wear and tear, and concurrently used and abused in different ways. Problems you encounter either someone else or myself might never encounter at all.
                i can agree on that not to trust google, if i dont think that it seems right i wont do it, but sometimes google and friends online can give a hand or an idea.. but from what i HERD the h22 is the worst when it comes to oil, maybe because its a race motor, but my H is doing great (knock on wood) on its oil, and if i had an oil leak id fix it that week, like you said its not an economy car and you have to take care of it.

Comment

QS defy.
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I forget if it was QS or Pennzoil that Bisi did a build for... I think it was QS. It was a build contest sponsored by the company. He said flat out that he'd never use their oil. Then again, I believe Bisi only uses Torco... and I also believe Torco is one of his biggest sponsors. So of course he'd say they're the best you can buy (though he's not just kissing up to his sponsor... Torco does make very good products.)

i can agree on that not to trust google, if i dont think that it seems right i wont do it, but sometimes google and friends online can give a hand or an idea.. but from what i HERD the h22 is the worst when it comes to oil, maybe because its a race motor, but my H is doing great (knock on wood) on its oil, and if i had an oil leak id fix it that week, like you said its not an economy car and you have to take care of it.
                    The H22 is a race motor?

Google, forums, friends that "know everything"... they're all a great source of information to start learning, but you should NEVER assume something to be true until you've researched it to the point that you properly understand it yourself. Furthermore, don't EVER regurgitate what "you heard", unless you've done your homework. At the very least, you'll look like an idiot. At the very worst, you'll be spreading bad information that could lead to some other poor fool breaking his car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I forget if it was QS or Pennzoil that Bisi did a build for... I think it was QS. It was a build contest sponsored by the company. He said flat out that he'd never use their oil.

Are you referring to the Castrol event that they have every year? The one that has a picture of him using a micrometer to measure clearances in a block that he uses on the site so frequently?

Comment

Castrol. That was it.
                        Yes.

Comment

I forget if it was QS or Pennzoil that Bisi did a build for... I think it was QS. It was a build contest sponsored by the company. He said flat out that he'd never use their oil. Then again, I believe Bisi only uses Torco... and I also believe Torco is one of his biggest sponsors. So of course he'd say they're the best you can buy (though he's not just kissing up to his sponsor... Torco does make very good products.)

The H22 is a race motor?

Google, forums, friends that "know everything"... they're all a great source of information to start learning, but you should NEVER assume something to be true until you've researched it to the point that you properly understand it yourself. Furthermore, don't EVER regurgitate what "you heard", unless you've done your homework. At the very least, you'll look like an idiot. At the very worst, you'll be spreading bad information that could lead to some other poor fool breaking his car.

i never assume trust me, i go beyond to make sure before performing something.

race motor? i said that from previous comment of someone else calling it a race motor. and there used in drag racing, wouldnt that be considered a race motor? but back in the day it was one of the fastest honda engines made, and now being used in drag races and people dropping them in civics.

From talkin to multiple people who own h22s and machiniest that have bin doing motors for over 30 years telling me that h22 is the worst when it comes to oil. id say thats a pretty good source over someone who is just doing a f to h swap.
                          and im not spreading any info that can blow up someones motor. as stated im giving my opinions and if you want to follow them, or see if my opinion compares to someone elses.
                          i said i HERD h22s are bad with oil, which is why i wont use synthetic, as in MY opinion.
                          and maybe saying i herd that the motors are bad on oil, will make others check there oil more frequetly, so more likely saving someones motor over breaking it.
                          not trying to get into an argument, but its all my opinion if u dont like it scroll past it.

Comment

Regardless of what he says, I'm still using it. Like you mentioned, I think it was more the Sponsorship he's got with Torco. But for my race H22, I probably will use Torco or Amsoil.

Comment

This is my site. If I don't like it, I have more options than to simply ignore it.

You're making decisions on what to do with your motor based on what you "HERD". The next dumbass that says "H22s are bad with oil, so don't use synthetic" could quite possibly be directly attributed to YOUR comment... which is based solely on hearsay, and not your own knowledge.

Why are H22's bad with oil? Why would synthetic be a problem?

People drag race with F22As also. Some professionally. People also drag race lawn mowers. Race engines? In a race vehicle, sure. In your girlfriend's Prelude, it's just another Honda engine... well built, reliable, and efficient. Yes, 190hp in 1992 was pretty damn impressive from a 2.2L 4 cylinder. It still is. But race motor?

Rather than spreading what you heard (hey, I spelled the word correctly!) maybe you should actually learn a thing or two about what you're saying. It'll help others, and it'll help your own car as well. A large portion of the information floating around the internet, or among car enthusiasts, is unverified, incomplete, or completely fictitious information.

Comment

This is my site. If I don't like it, I have more options than to simply ignore it.

You're making decisions on what to do with your motor based on what you "HERD". The next dumbass that says "H22s are bad with oil, so don't use synthetic" could quite possibly be directly attributed to YOUR comment... which is based solely on hearsay, and not your own knowledge.

Why are H22's bad with oil? Why would synthetic be a problem?

People drag race with F22As also. Some professionally. People also drag race lawn mowers. Race engines? In a race vehicle, sure. In your girlfriend's Prelude, it's just another Honda engine... well built, reliable, and efficient. Yes, 190hp in 1992 was pretty damn impressive from a 2.2L 4 cylinder. It still is. But race motor?

Rather than spreading what you heard (hey, I spelled the word correctly!) maybe you should actually learn a thing or two about what you're saying. It'll help others, and it'll help your own car as well. A large portion of the information floating around the internet, or among car enthusiasts, is unverified, incomplete, or completely fictitious information.
                                I was never good in english class sorry.
                                like i said its what i heard and i stand corrected. so maybe alot of people i talk to really dont know shit, and if i have a serious question ill ask you.

Comment

Working...
                                X