Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do I know if my water pump is bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know if my water pump is bad?

Wassup cb7tuners? Ive been having a few probs with my car lately and 1 is a blown head gasket... All I need to know is how do I diagnose a bad water pump so I dont need to take it apart to check if its good or not?

Originally posted by jdmsnoopy View Post
    Wassup cb7tuners? Ive been having a few probs with my car lately and 1 is a blown head gasket... All I need to know is how do I diagnose a bad water pump so I dont need to take it apart to check if its good or not?
    A common symptom of a failing/failed water pump is over heating at idle, and then cooling down after acceleration. Have you fixed the head gasket yet?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Havent fixed it yet... I just found out.pulled the oil cap off and I see just a little bit of mud build up under it and a little bit of white smoke when I start it up. It doesnt overheat, it stays at normal temp but im loosing some coolant... Thats what confuses me a little

Comment

Havent fixed it yet... I just found out.pulled the oil cap off and I see just a little bit of mud build up under it and a little bit of white smoke when I start it up. It doesnt overheat, it stays at normal temp but im loosing some coolant... Thats what confuses me a little
        How are you confused? Your head gasket is leaving coolant into the crank case, and your burning it. Seems pretty basic. Change your head gasket.

Comment

My bad, I didnt explain my confusion... The water pump should put preassure into the the engine if the gaskets blown... So wouldnt the my missfire if theres more water preassure going through the leak?

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention... It misfires bad when I start the car, then after 5 seconds it idles fine

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention... It misfires bad when I start the car, then after 5 seconds it idles fine
              You're misfiring because your head gasket is blown and leaking antifreeze into the cylinders.

Comment

Thanx... I guess my water pump is good then

Comment

Thanx... I guess my water pump is good then
                  I didn't say that, but for SURE your head gasket is blown.

Comment

If the head is coming off for head gasket replacement, it is good idea to replace water pump with new or reman at the same time along with timing belt.
                    A&P-IA

Comment

yes replacing timeing belt and water pump should go hand in hand.

DJ_ender... i love you man... im having a shitty day at work and read this thread...

this is what i see

oyaicool: i know i have this problem, blown head gasket misfire misfire

Dj_Ender: FIX YOUR BLOWN HEAD GASKET ! RRAAAAAAAAHHHHH !

Last edited by tutsuo; 09-05-2012, 01:22 PM.
                      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                        yes replacing timeing belt and water pump should go hand in hand.

DJ_ender... i love you man... im having a shitty day at work and read this thread...

this is what i see

pyaicool: i know i have this problem, blown head gasket misfire misfire

Dj_Ender: FIX YOUR BLOWN HEAD GASKET ! RRAAAAAAAAHHHHH !

In regards to your comment, I recommend you to read the entire thread once more.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

Also check for water coming from the bottom of the timing cover, that is one of the main signs of a bad pump. It leaks through the weep hole.

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                            In regards to your comment, I recommend you to read the entire thread once more.
                            that offtopic comment was what i got from the thread, its not directly reflecting what was said... and i just re-read it over again and i still laugh.
                            Last edited by tutsuo; 09-05-2012, 01:22 PM.
                            Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                            den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

If you're pulling the head to replace the head gasket, change the timing belt and water pump. If it's wasn't bad to start with, it is good insurance while you have 3/4 of the labor done already. Why put it all back together so you can take it apart again when the water pump DOES need to be replaced?
                              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
                              X