Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Header Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Question!

Well sadly my manifold has rotted out and has holes and I decided to get a header but I dont want a $800 header and figure out I could have use that somewhere else to increase my HP..so I went the cheap way and got a deal for $50 and I dont know if it will fit my CB7...HELP
    Last edited by mari_ambition; 08-20-2012, 04:37 PM.

Try installing it...really only way you can see if it fits.
    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

If you bought it for a '90-'93 Accord (which it looks like) then I don't really understand your question. Why wouldn't it work. I would replace the gaskets on it with better quality ones. Search around and you'll find others that have detailed the steps necessary with this header.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Looks to be a fairly decent piece - even looks as if someone went to the effort to clean up the welds on the interior where the pipe meets the flange. I'd say give it a try as well - getting better gaskets as suggested previously is an excellent idea - though you might try the fit first.

Comment

I went to go get it installed guy was like ohh im late for a meeting ...then he said "Civic and accords looks similar, I dont know what one this is".."it will be $150"..so im my head im thinking this guy is suspect..and I got this randomly..like last night at midnight..i was thinking about wrapping header but people always tell me not too..

Comment

Originally posted by silver91 View Post
            Looks to be a fairly decent piece - even looks as if someone went to the effort to clean up the welds on the interior where the pipe meets the flange.
            That usually isn't required if you were using a good welder with experience. There should be no requirement for extensive grinding on the back side of a TIG/MIG weld if it was done properly.

But for $50 what do you expect.... Looks like a simple 4-2-1 design based off the OEM tube manifold. Might as well give it a try and see what happens!
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
              That usually isn't required if you were using a good welder with experience. There should be no requirement for extensive grinding on the back side of a TIG/MIG weld if it was done properly.

But for $50 what do you expect.... Looks like a simple 4-2-1 design based off the OEM tube manifold. Might as well give it a try and see what happens!
              In retrospect I agree with your comment whole heatedly. Now it makes me wonder if the tubing hadn't been chopped sawed, bent, & then welded to the flange. Perhaps the grinding on the interior was more of a deburring process, & as you suggest - weld should not have made it to that side.

Comment

I will say from a welder/fabricators perspective if it's a good weld it will hold and u won't need to grind it down, if it's been ground down the it was a bad weld and if they don't know what the hell there doing then their most likley just grinding off to much making the weld weaker then it already was

Comment

I have the exact same header on my car at the moment, only difference is that I am using my oem replacement a4 down pipe resulting in a poor angle and the downpipe hitting the front cross member causing a tiny bit of vibrations under load nothing that scares me though haha.
                  My work in progress!

Comment

Those cheap things are only good as a replacement for a rotted stock manifold. You won't gain much power, and it may leak. It'll likely fail in a year or two tops... but for $50, it's not bad.

However, your thought of not spending money on a good header so you could get power elsewhere is flawed. The engine is a giant air pump. The greatest bottleneck will be what prevents you from making power. A poorly designed generic header will eventually be that bottleneck.

Comment

Working...
                    X