Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cracked Headlight Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked Headlight Replacement

My passengers side headlight is cracked. What is the best way to go? Do I buy an OEM or do I buy a different lighting setup? Any sources to recommend? Thanks for helping a newbie!

My first question is have you take the headlights out of a cb7 before? If so good u know what to do. If not then check out the usdm blk house DIY. Personally I'd go to the pick n pull and just pull another headlight.

Comment

No, I have not taken one out before. Thanks!

Comment

If you want the OEM lights, I too recommend visiting your local junkyard.

I personally, haven't change mine yet but I know that the bumper for a 92 accord is in the way.

6 bolts(?), and 4 screws holds the whole front bumper.

2 behind the left bumper blinker

2 behind the right bumper blinker

then 2 inside the engine bay. Probably need to remove the battery tray to access one of them.

Then black screws along the front fenders. 2 on left, and 2 on right.

That should make it easy for headlight removal.
        92 DX Sedan - Auto

Comment

Wow! All that to change the clear cover on the headlight? Thanks for your help!

Comment

What is "usdm blk house?"

Comment

He's referring to this procedure.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=USDM

Although he did it in a very confusing and unhelpful manner. It seems like Qiko has given you the only decent information so far. Just go the junkyard and grab another one. If you have a '90-'91 then grab a headlight from one of those. If you have a '92-'93 then grab a headlight from one of those.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thank you very much! But as newcomer I am allowed to access your link. Is the glass cover as hard to replace as the whole unit?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedprince View Post
                  Thank you very much! But as newcomer I am allowed to access your link. Is the glass cover as hard to replace as the whole unit?

You should be able to view the link, just not post new replies in there.
                  You cant get just the glass, you have to replace the whole unit

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yes sorry, But no you can't just get the lens. It's a pain but gets easier the more you do it it sounds harder than it is. But do yourself a favor and douce the 2 bolts on top or frame rail in Eng bay with pb blaster. They are 12mm and you cannot get a socket on them so wrench or ratcheting wrench if you have one. The bolts behind the turn lens on the bumper u need extenstions to get to them. Good luck Its really easier than it sounds so don't freak out.

Comment

Thanks for the help! Mine is getting moisture in the light and it is just a matter of time before I have to do the change. So, looks like I will be getting some experience.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        You should be able to view the link, just not post new replies in there.
                        You cant get just the glass, you have to replace the whole unit
                        I must be doing something wrong because I am still unable to access your link.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffy93 View Post
                          My first question is have you take the headlights out of a cb7 before? If so good u know what to do. If not then check out the usdm blk house DIY. Personally I'd go to the pick n pull and just pull another headlight.
                          Yup, if you need one, I'll snag it from the pick-n-pull and ship it to you for cost. Just let me know. Jarrett may also be able to get one easy too. But it would be faster and cheaper to DIY.
                          Last edited by wildBill83; 08-21-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I need a good passenger's side headlight. What is the best way for us to communicate about that without violating the rules of this forum?

Comment

Working...
                            X