Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

crank pully for a h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crank pully for a h22

i need a new crank pully for my h22 has anyone every used this one before or know if it is any good.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-02-HONDA-...e8734b&vxp=mtr

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

That thing could destroy your engine.
    Underdrive pulleys can cause serious damage. I've known people who have had total oil pump failure due to the pulley (and it was a quality brand!) The result was a completely destroyed engine.
    Regardless of the promises made in the ad, I wouldn't trust that. The only brands I would trust are:
    Unorthodox Racing (I have one...) and even that is a risk.
    Fluidamper
    OEM (as in, Honda.)

Comment

To save money you could swap over pulleys from the Accord alternator (or use it but it's 10A lower in rating) and power steering pump.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

He's talking crank pulley, though. The accessory pulleys aren't as big a deal. I don't think I'd be afraid to run cheapie accessory pulleys on my car, honestly. It's the crank pulley that will do damage.

Comment

I should have finished that statement by explaining that doing so will allow you to use the crank pulley from the F22A in the car. Assuming it's in good nick.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

thanks guys i just grab the oem one thanks for all the help

Comment

Did you happen to look at the price on that pulley? $939.99 wtf??????

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                i know its crazy

Comment

That means it's out of stock. They can just adjust the price to an amount at which no one will buy and edit it when they receive new stock. That way they avoid the relisting fees from redoing it when stock comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    That thing could destroy your engine.
                    Underdrive pulleys can cause serious damage. I've known people who have had total oil pump failure due to the pulley (and it was a quality brand!) The result was a completely destroyed engine.
                    Regardless of the promises made in the ad, I wouldn't trust that. The only brands I would trust are:
                    Unorthodox Racing (I have one...) and even that is a risk.
                    Fluidamper
                    OEM (as in, Honda.)
                    I can vouch for this because I was one of these unlucky people.

I have a Unorthodox Racing 3 pulley set and got rid of the crank pulley not too long ago because of an oil pump failure.

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM! I cannot stress this enough.

I went through so many BS threads saying how great these pulleys are on random forums but honestly they won't give any HP that your butt dyno will even notice! I think these are only good for serious track cars or people with fully built weekend racers that can really benefit from them. I mainly wanted them for engine bling and the "5-10HP" they claim....+ I got them at a steal at Modacar at the time and couldn't pass it up.

Soon I will be putting in a high amp alternator and go back to a oem pulley for my power steering.

These are the headaches these lightweight pulleys have given me.

1) Crank pulley - Broken oil pump. My oil pump couldn't take all the vibrations and literally cracked on the inside! I thought my engine was detonating but it was actually a small piece of the oil pump floating and bouncing around while I was driving!

2) Alternator Pulley - This thing pisses me off because all of the accessories I have. This makes my fog HIDs flutter sometimes under high electrical load. Upping the idle fixes some fluttering but once my volt meter dips in the 12.5 under range (A/C fan / cooling fan etc) coming on, it flutters until its off or when the vehicle is in motion again.

3) Power Steering Pulley - I believe this causes more stress on this pump just like the oil pump. I rebuilt the pump correctly once already and after 4 years it's starting sound like it's going out again. I had the pump and reservoir replaced altogether from my new fully built project motor and same issues are starting to occur again after a few years and it's now starting to wine like a supercharger again.

If you are trying to get a crank pulley, I would invest in a Fluidamper or ATI. I recommend an ATI after talking to Rich atTEM machine shop here in Napa which is good friends with the owner of EDYN. He said the Fluidampr is just like those safety barrels on the freeway full of water. It's great because it can dampen the vibrations of the engine however just like water, however water never stays the same so it can never be fully adjusted when trying to balance it. The ATI however can be balanced.

If I ever put my turbo engine in my accord, i'm going to drop the extra money and buy an ATI for peace of mind.
                    Last edited by Warudakumi; 08-14-2012, 12:36 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                    1994 Prelude V-Tec
                    1999 CL 3.0
                    2000 Prelude
                    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                      LOL I just viewed his link. I believe that was the e-bay sellers typo since I looked at the completed bought items the seller has made @ 39.99 a pop.

This must be a special limited edition made from moon rock or adamantium or somethin LOL

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"