Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trans oil cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans oil cooler?

Hi All, I want to purchase and oil cooler. I just DON'T know where it's located on my tranny, or whether or not it even has one. I have 92 LX F22A1 stock automatic (4)speed.

Thanks if anyone can help clarify.

The stock cooler is located in the radiator. You should see two lines running to and from the radiator to the transmission. You can install an aftermarket cooler with a larger capacity using those same lines (just be sure to add enough fluid for that extra capacity.)

If you're not doing any really hard driving, or making a large amount of power, there really is no need to upgrade the cooler, though. It won't hurt, but it'd be a useless modification without a genuine need for it.

Comment

Awesome info. The reason I felt I needed an upgrade was becuase I theorize that my tranny gets too hot, causing my rmps wiggle past 70mph. Usually my tranny is SCREAMING hot after just a regular start-up and warm up- before I take off to work at 4:00am.

Comment

Have you checked fluid levels in it to make sure you're not just running low? When was the last time it was flushed?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yes, my dipstick is full to the top of the hash-markings. I check it regularly. However I'm not using Honda ATF. I'm using one liter(1) Lucas tranny-stop leak and one regular tranny.

Does it matter?

Comment

Others who have had issues in the past will say that it matters.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

get one from a early 90's ford ranger, it'll fit just fine
              an internal radiator cooler is a 2 edge sword
              if your engine overheats, your trans oil will too
              the cooler is in the radiator to help the trans oil warm up and keep it around 180-190deg, this is mainly for colder climates

an external cooler, with an inline filter is a really good upgrade to an AUTO trans, and will defintalty extend the life of it
              the trans oil will get up to temp on its own, depending on the state you live on if it snows or is too cold, stay with the factory unit, although a filter is always a good idea
              to replace the factory filter you have to split the case, something most of you will not do
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Sharing pics of the job I did. Cut out the oem power steering cooler and installed a derale one. With the extra space I was able to add a cooler for the trans and and a thermostat/filter setup (all derale) in front of the passenger wheel. Really happy with how it came out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wXS...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTD...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                X