Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What rods to use with f23 pistons in f22 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rods to use with f23 pistons in f22 block

Ok for those who haven't seen my post before I'll give a quick description of the car/motor

The whip 93 accord 10th anniversary f22a6
    ENGINE BLOCK
    Hot tanked 3 times
    main girdle dissasembled and hot tanked all oil galleys
    main girdle inspected and cylinders bored to fit f23 pistons
    balance shafts deleted
    micropolished crankshaft
    king main bearings,thrust washers,standard size
    federal mogul rod bearings, standard size
    new water pump
    new oil pump
    new timing belt
    new full bottom end gaskets oem
    arp headstuds
    oil pan with 10an port for
    Port and polished cylinder head and valve reliefs
    gasket matched on all ports
    stock springs and retainers
    micropolished camshaft and rocker assembly
    new valve seals and valve guides
    fresh cut on all 16 valves and valve seats
    cylinder head pressure tested,deck/resurface, leak down tested
    INTAKE MANIFOLD
    lower f22a6 dual runner manifold ported and polished with i believe a 1 1/2 inch intake manifold spacer and upper h22 intake plenum
    omni 68mm big bore throttle body
    obd2 map sensor
    egr block off plate.

Goodies
    Godspeed fmic
    Godspeed turbo mani
    T25 garret ar.80
    Blitz bov

I don't understand why you went with those pistons but if that's what you're set on then I would just use the generic h-beam rods found on eBay for the F22/H23A1. They spec out to 142mm which is .5mm longer than factory. Since you lost roughly .55mm in compression height by switching to F23A pistons that would make up the difference. Assuming no resurface and factory .026" head gasket thickness you'd be around a 9.1:1 compression ratio.

Why a person would do all this and run factory pistons in a turbo application is beyond me. If it were me at this point I'd get some forged K20A pistons and run them backwards.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 08-04-2012, 09:20 PM.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Using stock cast pistons won't be a very good idea for a turbo application, though. You're certain to break a ringland sooner or later... that is, if you don't crack a sleeve, since you bored them.

Comment

I went with the f23 piston because I had uneven wear in my cylinder walls but I didn't think about the whole press in and floating wrist pin not to mention I didn't know my rods were to fat to fit the pistons

Comment

I'm not a builder or any of that but my boosted f22b1 accord I had I put over 70,000 miles on it at 12psi with no tune and the turbo kit was an eBay kit but I got rid of it with over 225k and till earlier this year I seen it still running the way I left it no smoke or nothing so as far as ringlands go its a risk I'm going to take on this one although I'm not looking to boost over 12psi

Comment

With a K20A or F23A piston you're going to have to machine the small end of the rod thinner. Another reason to scrap the F23A piston and go with one made for the F22A. Bisimoto stocks an 86mm piston made by Wiseco.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              With a K20A or F23A piston you're going to have to machine the small end of the rod thinner. Another reason to scrap the F23A piston and go with one made for the F22A. Bisimoto stocks an 86mm piston made by Wiseco.
              Bisimoto uses Arias pistons. http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...&cPath=5_9_111

Forged slugs will definately handle boost alot better then the factory cast, and are lighter too!
              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

You're right, my friend.

Comment

instead of running this hybrid setup, why don't you just keep it simple and run a forged piston and rod made for the f22.

put your focus on the turbo kit and tuning. keeping things simple eliminates second guessing and diagnostic hours.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I had new f23 pistons here already and was trying to avoid putting thousands of dollars into a 93 accord that I picked up for 750$ for the fact that IF i needed to sell or get rid of i wouldnt get nearly what i put into it and yes I hear you guys with the ringlands and all that but like I said ive ran 12psi on stock internals in f22b1 with a ported and polished head when I was 17 which I beat the shit out of then traded it for a motorcycle and it never gave me a single problem except alignments axles and somehow a radius arm, But the block is already bored to fit the f23 pistons I have here so I was kinda of hoping I would be able to use/find another set of rods in this application but it's looking like the cheap shit on eBay or the 700-800$ on bisimoto which are probably worth it but I don't have the cash for them right now and the rods are the only thing I lack to finish my build

Comment

then it means you aren't running enough boost if you don't break a ringland.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i guess ill be going with the rods i found on ebay i called them and they said they were godspeed rods so now i guess the delima or how ever you spell that is weather to shave my rods or my pistons or a little of both?????

Comment

Working...
                        X