Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Motor only revs to 4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor only revs to 4000

My motor is acting funny. Personally i think my issue is the dizzy. I have to read the codes still..

So i have been running the p12 ecu and have not really had to many issues.. I'm pretty sure the TPS sensor is shot, but that's besides the point.
    Now, i put the PT3 back in the car to see if there are any differences from how the motor acts between the two ecus.
    The P12 ecu makes the motor seem to think the throttle body is opened more than it is or closed when its open..

Note: Every time i take the ecu out, I disconnect the battery.

So after putting the PT3 back in last night, the motor misfired like crazy 3 times in a row while driving and then the CEL came on and the car ran like tits. But now the motor will not rev passed 4 grand. Best way i can describe what it sounds like is the motor hitting a launch control.. Odd.

There is slight oil behind my dizzy and i'm pretty sure the O ring is just hosed.
    (oil looks like its leaking super slow)
    Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Limp mode.

Comment

Kinda figured it put it in a stand by mode... But does this sound like a distributor issue? Again, with out reading the code we wont know for sure. Just trying to see if anyone one the forums has expirenced this. The stand by setting the ecu puts the motor in has been happening since the winter.. but i would just turn the car off then start it back up again and it would be fine.

The car does not do this with the p12 ecu. It will just throw a code and still rev to 6500.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990SL0Cb7 View Post
        Kinda figured it put it in a stand by mode... But does this sound like a distributor issue? Again, with out reading the code we wont know for sure. Just trying to see if anyone one the forums has expirenced this. The stand by setting the ecu puts the motor in has been happening since the winter.. but i would just turn the car off then start it back up again and it would be fine.

The car does not do this with the p12 ecu. It will just throw a code and still rev to 6500.
        so go read the codes lol, instead of making a thread drag on go pull the codes and tell us what they are

Comment

You have a CEL. Fix it and it will most likely fix your rev limit issue.

I know from experience that a TPS code (I believe that it was a code 7) will put the ECU in limp mode and the car will run very poorly.
          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

i say its ur tps sensor bro

Comment

My motor is acting funny. Personally i think my issue is the dizzy. I have to read the codes still..

So i have been running the p12 ecu and have not really had to many issues.. I'm pretty sure the TPS sensor is shot, but that's besides the point.
              Now, i put the PT3 back in the car to see if there are any differences from how the motor acts between the two ecus.
              The P12 ecu makes the motor seem to think the throttle body is opened more than it is or closed when its open..

Note: Every time i take the ecu out, I disconnect the battery.

So after putting the PT3 back in last night, the motor misfired like crazy 3 times in a row while driving and then the CEL came on and the car ran like tits. But now the motor will not rev passed 4 grand. Best way i can describe what it sounds like is the motor hitting a launch control.. Odd.

There is slight oil behind my dizzy and i'm pretty sure the O ring is just hosed.
              (oil looks like its leaking super slow)
              Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
              That's what mine was doing for about the past two weeks, then the other day she quit on me on the way to work, stalled out cold turkey. My buddy and I messed around for about half an hour(I ended up being late for work) looking for a displaced sensor or a plug that had unclipped but we didn't find anything, finally after jumping the car(the battery died too.. go figure) she fired up and a nice big puff of black smoke shot right out of the throttle body. She wouldn't rev past 4 grand before and now she won't rev past three, if it even stays running, I think it may be burnt valves. But anyway that engines old news, f22b on the way

Comment

Read the codes. We can't help you until you do. Only an idiot would guess at the problem based solely on a 4000rpm rev limit. Almost any CEL could do that.

Read the code(s) and get back to us. THEN we can help. Until then, all we can do is name random parts that you can waste time and money replacing, hoping one of them might work. Even then, if you don't clear the code, you may still be in limp mode!

Comment

I have to read the codes still..
                  ^^Do this^^

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Read the codes. We can't help you until you do. Only an idiot would guess at the problem based solely on a 4000rpm rev limit. Almost any CEL could do that.

Read the code(s) and get back to us. THEN we can help. Until then, all we can do is name random parts that you can waste time and money replacing, hoping one of them might work. Even then, if you don't clear the code, you may still be in limp mode!
                  I bet it's the rear brake drums or the muffler bearing. Nobody ever thinks to replace those.

See? I can guess at parts too!
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Exactly. Some of the guesses may be correct... but until the code is read, nobody can be sure. Your car is equipped with an onboard diagnostic system. Use it.

Comment

Working...
                    X