Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

valve adjustment h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve adjustment h22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=P7wI4EtZSaA#!
    i pulled that link off of the sticky in the above link, had a few questions pertaining to my h22. Do i have to do use between the nut and retainer or can i slide the feeler gauge between the cam and rocker arm? Also i have a chilton(i know get a hayns(sp?)) and it says to adjust them at tdc then move it 90 degrees and so on. In the video he does the exact opposite of the lobe so the lobe would be pointing strait up vs pointing a little of center like it does when it is on tdc.
    which is the correct way?
    also any tips for doing it on the h22 would be helpful.

Come on guys.. I know you guys have done it

Comment

well i happened to dig up this thread
      http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3032700
      it seems more like the set screw and spring SEEMS to be a better place to measure it cause as a guy said the cam MIGHT have a weird wear mark or same with the rockers, so im going to try that and see how it goes, i have done it twice under the cam lobe and that seemed to work fairly well

Comment

I always measure from the rocker to the cam lobe.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
          I always measure from the rocker to the cam lobe.
          yea im going to have to see what feels better, because for the first time yesterday i hit vtec a few times more than just 1/2 a second because i was running way to rich and it was just drowning itself my valvetrain is really loud now, i put new cams in like 2500 miles ago

Comment

If the valvetrain is "really loud", I wouldn't drive it. Do the adjustment to avoid any possible damage. Also, if the valvetrain is loud, your valves are not opening all the way and you are losing power. It is probably rich because it can't get enough air into the cylinder since the valve is opening late, less then it should and closing early.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

yea i decided to go with under the cam.. it is so much easier, it is very difficult to get under the adjuster..
              just for a terrible story, one valve adjuster wasnt moving. So in turn "hey ill just take the nut all the way off", then the nut fell into the oil valley right there by the side of the spring. So i took off the oil pan, and a no go. So i tried shoving a metal coat hanger through it and nothing. Tried again and the nut fell through... long story short. 5 hours later i have 4 valves adjusted(this is not typical).
              and the adjuster ended up moving i just needed to tighten the nut down all the way then loosen it again. in for dinner.. then back out
              Last edited by 93redcb7; 08-01-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Just keep at it. The end justifies the work.

Comment

well got everything done sounds sooooo much better, seems to even make a little bit better power down low. but to the person(i think it was SOHCFTW, or someone) when i posted about my vtec not working and he said re-do the valves... you were very so much right. It sounds 10x better now. i would recommend this to anyone if you have valve noise.

Comment

Working...
                  X