Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autozone will checked for free so hurry up!!!!

Comment

update

stopped raining

my neighbor (who knows a lot about engines) came over, looked at the car for a min and was able to start it with a screw driver. he touched the bolt on the starter and the little cable above the bolt to start it right up. it did spark a bit, but it's better than pushing the car (especially if i'm by myself).

he told me it is probably a starter relay? he also said that the starter wasn't getting any power, so that's why he said it was the relay. he told me to only start it that way to get me to the shop, or if there is an emergency, because it does make a spark.

so now. my question is, where is the starter relay? i'll put some effort in to looking it up, but i have no idea what a relay does or what it looks like.

on a side note: while i was cleaning the connections, i decided for the heck of it look at my spark plugs. i discovered A LOT of oil on 3/4 of the plugs. so i took all the plugs out, wiped them down as best as i could and wiped the housing for the plugs as best as i could. so i may be needing new gaskets as well. so i'm glad i checked.

Comment

Good thing that you didn't take out the starter motor for nothing as others are so adamantly suggesting.

Now look for safety cut out switch located on clutch pedal, not where you press but above it. There are couple of threads talks about that switch on this forum.

I do not know exact location of starter relay on Accords. I would say it must be somewhere near steering column because my old Civic had it there.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Better to err on the side of caution... but hey, whatever. I'll let you handle this one from here on out, oyajicool. I'm clearly an idiot.

Comment

lmao, thanks for the support and feedback from everyone. i've located the starter relay, now i just need to look up prices.

and are you talking about the clutch switch? that is almost identical to the brake switch?

Comment

Clutch switch is similar to brake switch I think. I do not remember how it looked. This clutch switch gets power from #9 fuse on dash f/b. So, make sure this fuse is not blown first.
              Power goes from this fuse to clutch switch then goes to starter relay terminal #2, through coil, comes out from relay terminal #4 and goes to ground (?). I put there a (?) because the Haynes wiring diagram says it goes to "engine mount control unit". I haven't spent enough time to locate this unit on the wiring diagram.
              Relay terminal #3 gets power from ignition switch. Then the power goes contacts inside the relay the comes out of terminal #1 which supplies power to starter solenoid.

You can test starter relay by applying battery voltage to terminal #2 and grounding #4. Then see if there's continuity between terminals #1 and #3.

Clutch switch contacts should be closed when clutch pedal is depressed.
              A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Better to err on the side of caution... but hey, whatever. I'll let you handle this one from here on out, oyajicool. I'm clearly an idiot.
                Safety procedures had been included in steps I outlined, IMHO. I really did not see any benefit on removing the starter motor without testing it at that stage of troubleshooting.
                If the OP expressed his mechanical aptitude any better than he did in his first post, I would have suggested using a multi-meter for troubleshooting.
                A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                X