Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a4 Swap Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a4 Swap Wiring question

I got a unpassable deal on a h22a4 pull (low mile motor, transmission, and ECU) from an prelude and would like to put it in my 92 accord. I've read through all the stickies and FAQ's on the swap guide but am having problems finding answers to a couple questions. I would like to put this stock H22 and stock trans into my stock accord and I have no interest in more power, tuning, or anything like that. So using the stock ECU seems like the right choice for me. I got the P5M ECU with the deal but no wiring harness. I know I need to get the immobilizer disabled on this ECU somehow. I found one site offering to do it at ff-squad (dot) com. Are there other alternatives. I am very good at soldering and could take on such a project myself.

Since I'm using the OBD-II computer, can I find a engine harness from a OBD-II prelude and plug it in with the rest of the harness in my car or is the wiring different? I know I can add the wiring to mine. I also have an engine harness from a F22B1 pulled from a 95 accord. It already has the provisions for the V-tec. I would just have to add the IAB wiring, correct?

Get an OBD1 P13, OBD1 injectors, and OBD1 distributor. Use your Accord harness, adding the necessary wires. You do not want to use an engine harness from any other car, and you do not want to convert your car to OBD2. That will make things extremely complicated, and you will find very little help on here as to how to do it.

Comment

IDK if this will help answer your question or not, but I bought a prelude wiring harness when I did my H22A swap and it didnt match the plugs on the pass. side of the car, "by the fuse box." So I needed up having to use the stock Accord harness and just had to wire the vtec myself. So for me a prelude harness didnt work at all. Hope this helped a bit.

Comment

Sorry, but that seems like the odd way to go. Wiring is not an issue, I have designed and built a complete custom wiring harness in the past. I have no problem going through the extra work in that regard, but why spend money on injectors, distributor, and ECU, when I have them already. This motor has a brand new distributor and all brand new sensors. Why rip off all these good parts and trash them to retrofit older stuff? I understand it'll make it easier to just drop in, but I'm not spending extra money when I have less than $200 in it currently.

Comment

You clearly know what you're doing already, so go for it. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks 92cb7sk8er for the information on the Prelude wiring harness. I guess I just have to find wiring diagrams for a 97 prelude and my accord and do some Frankensteining.

Comment

Originally posted by kbailey204 View Post
              Thanks 92cb7sk8er for the information on the Prelude wiring harness. I guess I just have to find wiring diagrams for a 97 prelude and my accord and do some Frankensteining.
              Anytime dude what if you were to trade out your OBD-2 Ecu for an OBD-1? If I remember right I am running a P13 ecu. But good luck bro I hope you get it!

Comment

Originally posted by kbailey204 View Post
                its not that simple there are other perimeters such as evap system and OBDII communication that u will have to wire in and install in order to convert to be OBDII compliant otherwise u will always have a check engine light on. and if ur from Cali like me u'll never pass smog or referee for that matter. the best rout to go would be to keep ur car OBD I as it is right now add the 2 or 3 wires u need to ur obd 1 harness and use f22 injectors and buy a P13 ECU and OBD1 distributor... if u do some searching ur could possibly find both those for under $200 and it would be a simple drop in that can be done in a day this is the simplest way possible. just my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                X