Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 low oil pressure

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 low oil pressure

ok soo iam tired of searching what could be causing this oil preasure problem. i just replaced my oil water and timing belt and problem still there. I got no vtec cuz of this so ppl that been thru this know how stressful this can b. I just raced my buddy with his civic and got smoke cuz i got no vtec (top end) oil light comes up in low rpms any advise??

Stop using oil water.

Comment

lol my bad i said i replace my water pump and oil pump ooo and timing belt but i still got low oil preassure and vtec its not kicking in

Comment

Do you have the right amount of oil in your system? Not having enough oil will cause low oil pressure, and having too much oil will cause high oil pressure.

Comment

is your oil pressure sending unit functional?

Comment

^ this.

But if the vtec oil pressure switch isn't seeing enough pressure to engage vtec.. you have oil pressure issues regardless of what the sending unit says ( they fail frequently ). Pull the vtec solenoid and make sure your passages / screen aren't clogged. Did you replace the oil pump because the oil light was coming on, or did this start after you replaced the pump?

Comment

Keep in mind that new parts can be faulty. Never assume that a new part is good, if there are problems that directly suggest that part as the culprit. Also don't discount the possibility of installation error. I'd think that highly likely from someone who clearly has difficulty manipulating a simple tool such as a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                ^ this.

But if the vtec oil pressure switch isn't seeing enough pressure to engage vtec.. you have oil pressure issues regardless of what the sending unit says ( they fail frequently ). Pull the vtec solenoid and make sure your passages / screen aren't clogged. did you replace the oil pump because the oil light was coming on, or did this start after you replaced the pump ?
                Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Keep in mind that new parts can be faulty. Never assume that a new part is good, if there are problems that directly suggest that part as the culprit. Also don't discount the possibility of installation error. I'd think that highly likely from someone who clearly has difficulty manipulating a simple tool such as a keyboard.
                Agreed, new parts often come faulty, see it all the time having my own shop. That's why I asked when the issue started, before or after the pump. If he replaced the pump then he had issues then it could be the pump, or maybe he forgot a new oil pickup gasket?

Comment

thanks for the replies guys. When i first swap the h22 on the accord vtec was engaging only when it was cold after engine warm up it will not engage at all. 2 weeks later my oil light was coming on and stay on for like 2 or 3 seconds everytime i star the car @ this pont no vtec @ all (even when engine was cold) so i thought the oil pump was bad, the car doesnt have check engine light but if i go past 6,000 rpm my check engine light will come up (code 22 oil preassure switch) but i changed my vtec solenoid for a good one but still does the same thing no vtec. oil level is above the 2 dots and screen on vtec solenoid is clean

Comment

oo and vtec wasnt working with old and not working with new pump either

Comment

It shouldn't work when the engine is cold either...

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkilla26 View Post
                        thanks for the replies guys. When i first swap the h22 on the accord vtec was engaging only when it was cold after engine warm up it will not engage at all. weeks later my oil light was coming on and stay on for like 2 or 3 seconds everytime i star the car @ this pont no vtec @ all (even when engine was cold) so i thought the oil pump was bad, the car doesnt have check engine light but if i go past 6,000 rpm my check engine light will come up (code 22 oil preassure switch) but i changed my vtec solenoid for a good one but still does the same thing no vtec. oil level is above the 2 dots and screen on vtec solenoid is clean

This doesn't make sense. Aside from a legit oil pressure problem, you mite have a temp sensor bad too.

Comment

On the off chance that's a legitimate oiling issue it might be a good idea to suspend your "trying to get to VTEC" actions until you can get the light to go away at idle. Unless your swap was so much fun you want to do it again.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

my temp gauge works perfect i use to start the car in the mornings do a pull to 7000 rpm and get vtec on cold temp, and thats crazy cuz vtec usually work when engine its warm. my boys gsr is the same way but yea i think oil preassue in the block is good but not enough to the head oil sensor that goes behind the block is new so i dont know

Comment

Well I would check to make sure you have enough oil. Then I would double check the oil pressure sending unit. Oh and almost forgot me and CP mike had this discussion before along with busted lx years back and eric when he boostes his f22 what kind of oil filter are you using because lol Some oil filters like fram dont hold down pressure efficiently which can trigger that. Check your car for any leaks too.

Comment

Working...
                              X