Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

seafoaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoaming?

does anyone know if its bad to seafoam a turbocharged car
    lets say a stock 1.8t beetle

i helped seafoam a friends turbo eg once, i couldnt tell you if it helped but nothing bad came of it.

Comment

Not even a placebo effect?
      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by StocK-CB View Post
        does anyone know if its bad to seafoam a turbocharged car
        lets say a stock 1.8t beetle
        Bad, no. good idea since it steam cleans the carbon build up on your internals. Great stuff, I use it regularly. Smooths idle on a 20 yr old motor
        My 91 ex coupe
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

I <3 SeaFoam

Correct me if im wrong but this is what i did.

1. Someone in car keep RPMs at 2k.
          2. Allow brake booster line to vacuum SeaFoam(half the bottle).
          3. Turn car off for about 15min(to allow SeaFoam to clean Everything).
          4. Turn car on, let idle/drive for 30 minutes.
          5. after 200 miles oil change.

Car ran like brand new !
          Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
          Originally posted by deevergote
          den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

ive wondered about that stuff too, thats good to know it works

Comment

Originally posted by Mt.HOODrat View Post
              ive wondered about that stuff too, thats good to know it works
              I dump half a can in my ATV every fill up. It keeps the carb clean in a 4 stroke pretty good.

Comment

yea i did it in my 92'
                takes off smoother nd idles better, but what i did when i seafoamed
                was poored 1/3 through the pcv valve(some people say that if u use too much, its bad, but that what ive herd) tunred it off for 10 minutes, turned it back on nd rev it till it all goes away, or drive it hard, maybe like at 3-3.5k rpms on the freeway
                bu either way, it works

Comment

oh and thnx for the info, i think ima try it on my sisters turbo beetle :P

Comment

i did a full bottle . pulled over well down town did it , went to lunch at dennys then started 30 minuts later cruzed around down town at 3k . people hated me .
                    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Ugh another seafoam thread. I hate seafoam. It sucks and does jack shit.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
                        Ugh another seafoam thread. I hate seafoam. It sucks and does jack shit.
                        hay bro cant we all just get along the guy was just asking .
                        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                          hay bro cant we all just get along the guy was just asking .

I just don't see why people waste their money on it when what they need is carb and choke cleaner.

Seafoam will help dissolve oil sludge, not carbon buildup. the only additive that takes care of carbon deposits(that I am aware of) is PEA(poly etheramine) AKA Techron, various companies use it, Gumout regane high mileage I believe is the best "low cost" PEA additive.

B12 chemtool> Seafoam. just be sure to use some lucas or MMO in there if you ever add B12 to the gas, its a little corrosive and will dry injectors out and cause failures with them if no lubricants are added to the gas after cleaning your fuel system with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
                            I just don't see why people waste their money on it when what they need is carb and choke cleaner.

Seafoam will help dissolve oil sludge, not carbon buildup. the only additive that takes care of carbon deposits(that I am aware of) is PEA(poly etheramine) AKA Techron, various companies use it, Gumout regane high mileage I believe is the best "low cost" PEA additive.

B12 chemtool> Seafoam. just be sure to use some lucas or MMO in there if you ever add B12 to the gas, its a little corrosive and will dry injectors out and cause failures with them if no lubricants are added to the gas after cleaning your fuel system with it.
                            ok thats all you had to say . there no resone to be a meany like your othere post . im not trying to be a dick but that was a little harsh the guy just asked .

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                            X