Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92ex cb7 swap f22b1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92ex cb7 swap f22b1

My main question is what harnesses fit the stock f22a6 harness to wire up to the f22b1 96. i figure my only problem my car wont start is because i dont have enough connections for all my sensors. i cant find a b1 engine harness anywhere for cheap so if anyone has one ill purchase it off you. also if anyone knows how to mod my stock harness to work thatd be helpful as well.

ive googled already and nothing came up. still stuck on my swap...

You can use your stock harness. Just add the vtec wiring. Pics would help on what sensors you're talking about? I've done this swap before
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Welcome to the site Antwon619, theres a section dedicated to "Swaps", guess what its called? You guessed right, its "Swaps". Now if you go into that sub-section/sub-forum, and you look at the top, it says "Common Swaps Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST". Inside that thread, theres this link "F22b1 swap info".

For future reference, the MOST VALUABLE INFORMATION we have on this site, are located typically in the "PLEASE READ HERE FIRST" thread at the top of every section.

You can also use google to search this site by simply adding "site:cb7tuner.com" to your search (without quotes).
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
        Welcome to the site Antwon619, theres a section dedicated to "Swaps", guess what its called? You guessed right, its "Swaps". Now if you go into that sub-section/sub-forum, and you look at the top, it says "Common Swaps Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST". Inside that thread, theres this link "F22b1 swap info".

For future reference, the MOST VALUABLE INFORMATION we have on this site, are located typically in the "PLEASE READ HERE FIRST" thread at the top of every section.

You can also use google to search this site by simply adding "site:cb7tuner.com" to your search (without quotes).
        ive tried to post in other sections in cb7tuner but i keep getting some cant post here due to privileges or something like that..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
          You can use your stock harness. Just add the vtec wiring. Pics would help on what sensors you're talking about? I've done this swap before
          ok took me forever to find this and it was a SH!t load of help!!!
          http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...ght=f22b1+swap

anyways the sensor connections that im looking for are the map sensor, tps, and iacv.
          My stock harness has 2 pins for the iacv, but my b1 iacv is a 3 pin.
          From wat i read on the above link the map sensor is somewhere on the firewall or black box?

ill post pics just for the reference of it all.

Comment

You need 30 posts to reply in the other sections. I just wanted to share/show you where the best and most valuable information that has been put together on this site can be located.

Use your f22a IACV. As for the map sensor its located in a black box, on the firewall, with a whole bunch of vacuum hoses running into it, to the right of the fusebox under the hood.

This is what the "black box" looks like:
            Last edited by cloudasc; 07-22-2012, 03:34 PM.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
              You need 30 posts to reply in the other sections. I just wanted to share/show you where the best and most valuable information that has been put together on this site can be located.

Use your f22a IACV. As for the map sensor its located in a black box, on the firewall, with a whole bunch of vacuum hoses running into it, to the right of the fusebox under the hood.

This is what the "black box" looks like:
              thanks for that mang!
              do i need the egr solenoid?

Comment

Unless you're using a chipped P06 or comparable ECU you'll get CEL.

Why did you create a new thread for this? I've tried to help you here and on Honda-Tech in other existing threads.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  Unless you're using a chipped P06 or comparable ECU you'll get CEL.

Why did you create a new thread for this? I've tried to help you here and on Honda-Tech in other existing threads.
                  didnt mean to start another thread my bad.
                  ima just connect the egr solenoid , i have the stock pt6 ecu. im looking for the pinouts for the vtec to. from what ive read i switch pin a6 and a11? then connect the vtec solenoid sensor to a6?

Comment

If you are running a PT6 then you don't have to worry about VTEC at all because you won't have it. In your other thread you claimed to have done this swap before.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you are running a PT6 then you don't have to worry about VTEC at all because you won't have it. In your other thread you claimed to have done this swap before.
                      Never have claimned to do this swap before because i have never finished the swap. Everything was easy on this swap to get in and re-wire EXCEPT the dizzy from which ive included several pics an no one has seemend to just ignore. I can upload more detailed pics if thats the case. All im asking is how to wire up the dizzy from my 92 f22a6 harness to my 96 f22b1 dizzy.
                      The f22a6 harness has 3 plugs that are associated with the dizzy. 1 to the external coil, the other 2 go to the dizzy. The f22b1 dizzy has ONE input.i understand jam a 30amp fuse in the coil connection, but where do my other 2 connections input?

Comment

We have not ignored it. In fact, I've given you an explanation on that subject until I was blue in the face and just no longer cared whether you got it running or not. You just didn't like my suggestion and performed a combination of ignoring it as well as explaining in the most confusing way possible that it was what you were doing but also that you couldn't do it that way. I've answered you in two threads here now, and once on Honda-Tech.

This is not difficult. You have a '92-'93 Accord that came with an external-coil distributor. You still have the external coil distributor. Stop mentioning the F22B1 distributor entirely. It's a paperweight to you. Use the external coil F22A6 distributor in the F22B1. Install the external coil as best you can as it won't have mounting provisions. Connect the distributor connectors and the coil connector. Connect the spark plug wires in the correct order on the distributor cap. The plugs for the distributor connectors did not magically find ways to not attach to eah other in the meantime. If you're trying to wire something it's because you cut a harness when you shouldn't have. Shame on you. To remedy this wire it back together on its original connectors. This is a bolt and go ordeal aside from wiring in VTEC.

Comment

^^ I agree and didn't I/we tell the OP on his last thread? It would be 200x easier to just use your F22A6 FACTORY distributor besides jerry rigging the current setup you're trying to achieve. It wouldn't take 5min's and it would work like it should the only wiring you would need is to pin the p0a ecu for vtec other than that use your stock CB harness.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

We have not ignored it. In fact, I've given you an explanation on that subject until I was blue in the face and just no longer cared whether you got it running or not. You just didn't like my suggestion and performed a combination of ignoring it as well as explaining in the most confusing way possible that it was what you were doing but also that you couldn't do it that way. I've answered you in two threads here now, and once on Honda-Tech.

This is not difficult. You have a '92-'93 Accord that came with an external-coil distributor. You still have the external coil distributor. Stop mentioning the F22B1 distributor entirely. It's a paperweight to you. Use the external coil F22A6 distributor in the F22B1. Install the external coil as best you can as it won't have mounting provisions. Connect the distributor connectors and the coil connector. Connect the spark plug wires in the correct order on the distributor cap. The plugs for the distributor connectors did not magically find ways to not attach to eah other in the meantime. If you're trying to wire something it's because you cut a harness when you shouldn't have. Shame on you. To remedy this wire it back together on its original connectors. This is a bolt and go ordeal aside from wiring in VTEC.
                            alright everythings hooked up fine. ive gone through my grounds and made sure that everything is plugged in right. now im not getting any spark. so i tried pulling codes an got a;
                            6 ECT - water temperature sensor
                            10 IAT - intake air temperature sensor
                            14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve

i need to go get my starter checked an i needa do a test on my ecu to see if it isnt bad (pretty sure its not if i just pulled codes.) not sure what happened but i lost spark. replaced rotor, cap, and got the module checked, its fine. got the coil tested an it had a perfect resistance, but ima go get another one. does the coil have to be grounded since it doesnt fit anywhere?
                            sorry for all the trouble but i just had little problems popping up everywhere but now i handled it all except for this. I JUST WANNA HAVE MY VTEC CRACK!!! i really wanna put my homies em1 in the dust :/

Comment

so i finally got it to almost start! but i think it wont start cuz theres no iacv, theres gangs of air shooting out the back of the IM. could i start my engine ofr the first time without it? can i just buy a block off plate or should i just get the adapter plate?
                              https://www.roskoracing.com/cgi-bin/...on&key=200-019
                              https://www.roskoracing.com/cgi-bin/...on&key=200-011
                              this is what my IM IACV looks like, pain in the ass to find!
                              http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...xv-fUPwVbKOywd

Comment

Working...
                              X