Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

intake manifolds

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake manifolds

So i am building an f22b1 out of a 97 accord, that i am swapping into my 91 ,but i am having a hard time finding aftermarket intake manifold. I will be running lots of boost ,and i wanted something bigger then stock because i also wanted to gain hp off it too
    Last edited by 91hondaturbo; 07-18-2012, 09:14 AM.

u posted in the wrong thread buddy

Comment

Moved.

Your money will be better spent elsewhere in a turbo application. You could have the throttle body bored and enlarge the opening on the intake manifold or a lot of F22B1 guys get the intake manifold from an F23A. It's a much better design and bolts right up. With a turbo, though, you don't have a need for the same things as NA guys.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm guessing by the nature of Jarrett's post that H23A1 manifolds are not compatible. However if they were, I would recommend the Golden Eagle one.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

You can make them fit but it involves a ton of work. The ports line up but those on the head are physically smaller. I've seen threads about it online and I've also seen it at the junkyard.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i had a friend also tell me about the h23 manifold joey and jarrett i know i dont need it but im looking for an aftermarket one because i may do an 8 injector setup but they are hard to find in general, so im just looking for aftermarket at the moment. If i can find one with eight injectors sweet if not oh well but i would like an aftermarket one

Comment

Obx manifold that's been cleaned up would make good gains. You have to remote locate your iacv though.
              My 91 ex coupe
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

While you're messing with the topend build wise i would suggest an F23 head it out flows the F22b1/2 heads. The F22b's have crap intake ports.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I hope you're not building the F22B1 because it has VTEC, if so you're not going to get the gains you would want. I'd go pick up a head from the junkyard from an F22Ax and use that. The F22B1 is a replacement fuel economy engine for people on a budget when their engine craps out. The F22Ax head will out flow the F22B1 head all day not to mention the ports are more compatible with other Honda engines, like the H23 intake manifold directly bolting up to the F22Ax head. The H23 has a larger plenum than the F22A6 intake manifold, and the difference in runners are subjective (short or long) to what you want.

Just remember the power your engine puts out is dependent on the flow rate of the head. Your head as a whole (cams, springs, etc.) is what really dictates the amount of power you can produce.

It's your car and your build, I just wanted to shed a little light for you.
                  Last edited by BurtonRiderT6; 07-27-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Honestly, even a stock head will flow more than enough for a street-driven turbo car... any of the F series heads will work for that. You'll reach streetable traction limits long before the head becomes an insurmountable restriction. Yes, the F22A head is much better, and the F22B1 VTEC system is a waste when it comes to performance... but a fully built F22B1 will make plenty of power. Too much power in a FWD car is pointless anyway, as there comes a point where you won't be able to keep that power on the ground.

I've heard mention of people using the F23A1 intake manifold as an upgrade on the F22B1. You might want to check over at CD5tuner.com for info, as the B1 is their engine, not ours. If you need to register, use the "contact us" link and provide your screen name. Registrations are done manually at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                      I hope you're not building the F22B1 because it has VTEC, if so you're not going to get the gains you would want. I'd go pick up a head from the junkyard from an F22Ax and use that. The F22B1 is a replacement fuel economy engine for people on a budget when their engine craps out. The F22Ax head will out flow the F22B1 head all day not to mention the ports are more compatible with other Honda engines, like the H23 intake manifold directly bolting up to the F22Ax head. The H23 has a larger plenum than the F22A6 intake manifold, and the difference in runners are subjective (short or long) to what you want.

Just remember the power your engine puts out is dependent on the flow rate of the head. Your head as a whole (cams, springs, etc.) is what really dictates the amount of power you can produce.

It's your car and your build, I just wanted to shed a little light for you.
                      No I'm not building it cause it has vtec I could have drilled holes in my a1 head if I wanted it I'm just building it cause it was spare and I can put it in whatever I just am looking for an intake manifold that's aftermarket and bigger then stock I want it built top to bottom if everyone is saying the h23 bolts up then that's what ill look at and who cares which flows better I could any head I'd like on the top its my motor not my child its replaceable if it breaks bad enough ill put something else up top maybe an f20b head I don't know I just have questions I would like answers to thank you everyone for your input

Comment

Everyone is not saying that the H23A1 manifold will fit. I'm saying that with tons of work it can be made to fit. It's not the best choice. Putting an F22B1 gasket on top of an F20A/F22A/H23A1 gasket will illustrate why.

The easy choice for an F22B1 is the F23A1. It's a much better internal design and the port design where it bolts to the head is the same.

Comment

I'm sorry the f and h and next to eachother in my phone I meant f23

Comment

Ok, I'm locking this. The best information has been given already, and the OP reads as well as he types. No need to continue the discussion further.
                            Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X