Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stock f22a6 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock f22a6 block

block has no more then 10-15k on it
    will it hold 20 psi outta a ebay 57 trim turbo?

Originally posted by johnhall View Post
    block has no more then 10-15k on it
    will it hold 20 psi outta a ebay 57 trim turbo?
    Sure the block will hold, everything else won't lol. If your going boost do it right and don't cut corners. Boosting on stock internals is a REALLY bad idea as the ringlands will break. It may take 2 years or it may break first time you hit boost.

eBay turbos are very cheaply made (you pay for what you get). If your going boost look into some forged internals and boring out the block
    As for a generic turbo kit to buy I'd look into something like this http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...cord+Turbo+Kit

Building a quick turbo kit on cheap stuff is unreliable. Remember you gotta pay to play meaning a reliable turbo build can and probably will be expensive.

If you use the search feature at the top HUNDREDS of threads will pop up about turboing an F22
    Last edited by ErMMaC; 07-15-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErMMaC View Post
      Sure the block will hold, everything else won't lol. If your going boost do it right and don't cut corners. Boosting on stock internals is a REALLY bad idea as the ringlands will break. It may take 2 years or it may break first time you hit boost.

eBay turbos are very cheaply made (you pay for what you get). If your going boost look into some forged internals and boring out the block
      As for a generic turbo kit to buy I'd look into something like this http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...cord+Turbo+Kit

Building a quick turbo kit on cheap stuff is unreliable. Remember you gotta pay to play meaning a reliable turbo build can and probably will be expensive.

If you use the search feature at the top HUNDREDS of threads will pop up about turboing an F22

well the motor got no more then 10k and the head is a f23 dohc head non vtec bought from toronto jdm so like 30k on that got the kit for notthing with less then 5k on it im jus wondering if the block will hold and u answered my question so thanks buddy ill be payin to play this winter build

Comment

It's not a matter of mileage at all. The cast Honda pistons are not designed to withstand boost pressures. Some will last for a few months at mild boost levels but even they fail. You're talking about 20psi which is even more than even some engines with forged rods and pistons can take I abused too hard.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          It's not a matter of mileage at all. The cast Honda pistons are not designed to withstand boost pressures. Some will last for a few months at mild boost levels but even they fail. You're talking about 20psi which is even more than even some engines with forged rods and pistons can take I abused too hard.
          yes your completely right but 20psi outta a 57 trim is diffrent pressure then 20 outta say a garrett 60 trim which most people use

Comment

So it's a frankenstein motor with stock internals. Yes, that will blow up fairly quickly on 6-8psi from any reasonably sized turbo. At 20psi, you'll be lucky if it runs for a week.

Comment

Also, what's an F23 DOHC head?
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
              X