Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo kit bolt up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo kit bolt up

I did the appropriate thing of searching around for a bit first, but need to know if any generation accord F or H series mani will bolt up to my f22a1? I ask this because I plan on buying a generic t3/t4 kit that bolts to a h22 the only thing it lacks is the downpipe obviously (I can get done for cheap though) and I've read around that the h23 and f22s match up pretty well so I want to make sure the h22 kit fits right. Don't really want to redrill holes unless its really necessary
    Here's the link for the kit: http://dnaperformanceinc.com/?produc...lude-1992-2001
    Also if I did miss it somewhere on the forum I apologize now before I get hit by all the noob flaming that seems to sprout up
    Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.
    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195250

That manifold will not fit. If read the description at all it says will only fit h22s. Btw that is the turbo setup you buy off eBay so it is all cheaply made. Why not just buy a generic setup for the f22a?

Comment

As said, an H22 manifold will not fit. Cheap turbo kits are going to be unreliable. Boosting on stock internals will result in engine failure fairly quickly due to broken ringlands.

Don't cut corners with boost. Do it right, or don't do it at all. Otherwise, you won't be satisfied with the results.
      If you want an affordable bolt-on turbo kit that's actually worth buying, look here:
      http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...cord+Turbo+Kit

You'll still have to deal with engine management, though... and as I said, the internals won't last very long at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
        Why not just buy a generic setup for the f22a?
        This is the only one that came close that I could find, and the DSM setup isn't really what I want to get into with all the old parts. I want to pick up a whole kit not piece together a whole bunch of spare parts. And I read the description but since I knew the h23 intake manifold has the same bolt pattern as the f22 I figured maybe the h22 exhaust mani could match up as well. since they are the same displacement and both Honda that actually fit in the cb7 chassis.
        Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.

Comment

I've read a lot around here about people running stock internals on boost though. I'm going for around the minimum of 7-8psi not planning to hit up my local strip, just want a lil more bang for my buck
          Edit: I'm also aware of engine management, acquainted myself with a local dyno. And plan to pick up a p06 I believe it is?
          Last edited by SilverFox; 07-13-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

You'll read a lot about those stock internals failing as well. Try looking for more than just what you want to see.

Back in 2005, people were all about boosting on stock internals with "DSM kits". Running 6-10psi, and it was fine. Then they all started blowing up. The stories of those engines blowing up won't be found in the "I did this for $1000 and it's awesome!" threads.

Trust me, the stock ringlands will give under boost. It has happened to EVERY member I know that has boosted on stock internals, and it is happening faster and faster now that these engines are 20+ years old.

Comment

Well thanks for the link and the warning. Yeah I'm already wary of putting in the DSM parts like I said before to blue, rather not have somebody else's junk under my hood. Heard my fare share from locals down here blowing em up, watched a few as well (quite the show that was!) I've picked up quickly on my bouts around the forums that you seem to be the cb7 legend/expert. But I hate that I can't get access as easily to the deeper material. Nice way to keep noobs off the serious stuff lol

Comment

I'm far from an expert. There are many MANY people on here that know far more than I do, with considerably more experience. Most of what I know, I've learned from reading these pages here.

I'd actually trust a healthy 14b turbo from a 1st gen DSM before I'd trust a brand new cheapie Chinese-made turbo, like the ones found in most cheap kits. The DSM manifolds are also very strong, if you can find one that isn't cracked (or a decent stock replacement manifold.) A simple cast iron log style manifold will likely last longer than a cheap tubular manifold. DSM 450cc injectors are fine for a low-boost setup (up to 220whp or so), as long as they are cleaned and flow properly.

Comment

Yeah I get what you mean bout parts these days, everybody is cutting corners on production. And I agree on the log mani as well, was hoping I could find one for the kit I was looking at but glad to see the one you showed me comes with one. A lil ify on the 450s though. Want to be as purely Honda as possible, but in case of anything I know a guy with some blue tops for cheap he used to run on his cb before he went up to a bigger turbo

Comment

"8psi daily doesn't really require a built bottom end, as long as you tune properly and use quality turbo parts (DO NOT cheap out on that wastegate! A brand new quality external one would be smart). Use a t3/t04 turbo, rather than the more commonly used 14b, as the 14b is fairly small for our motors (made for a 2.0L). Smaller turbos create more heat, and heat kills engines.

10psi is possible, 12 may even be doable... but you're pushing it then. You'd need a healty motor and a good tune to pull that off unbuilt." -Deev Lol 5 years really makes a difference took your word for it, but its been amended
                    Last edited by SilverFox; 07-13-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Doable... never said it would last.
                      The 14b has been put back on the table as a usable turbo as well. The previous belief that it is too small has been dispelled by toycar sometime last year. He showed with compressor maps that a 14b is just fine for an F22A.

Comment

la la la

my new turbo build

Comment

That is one thing I like rotary engines; we don’t have much in the way of internals . Even though 10psi on a healthy motor is doable, you really never know what may go wrong. Keep in mind our engines are pretty old, and even the healthiest engine is still 20 years old.

Comment

22 years old in my case, well my turbo build is gonna sit back on the rear burner for longer then. Need my daily so I guess ill just get some temp exhaust setup to blend in with the ricers and my head ported and polished with the cash I saved up for what would have been a failure of a kit. Thanks guys for saving my car lol
                            off the original topic somewhat if I get an upgraded cam, will I have to start tuning my ecu? Don't plan on anything heavy-duty since I plan on always running low boost in the future anyways.

Comment

Yes anything other than the common A6 cam swap will greatly benefit from a tune and need it.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X