Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tuning my cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning my cold air intake

How do I tune my AEM cold air intake? I have it installed but not tuned. I have a f22a engine. My car revs to 2000 rpm by its self when it sits for a little or is out neutral for a little while, I'm guessing that's because I haven't tuned my cold air intake?

you must have one of the thousands vacuum hoses not corrected right causing a leak of unmetered air. Can you post a pic so we can you how you have it hooked up ?

I have a short ram intake and i never tuned my car. You shouldn't have to tune the car for that. It would help if you do but it would be a waste of money. Our cars aren't subarus. They don't need to be tuned for everything.
    Last edited by 10thAnnivCB7; 07-10-2012, 06:19 AM.
    10th Anniversary Accord.
    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

You can't tune an intake.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I'd like to know where he read that or who told him it did, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i thought i was missing out on some new type of tuning!

i guess not.

im assuming you dont have your vaccum lines installed right. pics would help a little.
          RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

sure you can....with the correct slot port you can tune it to any frequency range you desire.....lmao jk jk
            SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Probly bought it online and it said it add 12 - 22 hp or something because of it being "tuned" I've seen that before. I know aem has that one intake with the venturi vent hole thing. Don't really make it specifically for a cb but they might make one for a prelude or s2000 and make it work. I'm not sure if anyone has done that

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Check for vacuum leaks/disconnected hoses and reset your ECU. That is about the only tuning you need for a cold air or short ram intake.

Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery (-) terminal for 30-60 seconds.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                  Check for vacuum leaks/disconnected hoses and reset your ECU. That is about the only tuning you need for a cold air or short ram intake.

Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery (-) terminal for 30-60 seconds.
                  or pull the ecu fuse for 30 seconds and not have to reset your time or stereo settings

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                    I'd like to know where he read that or who told him it did, lol.
                    Well, technically an intake pipe CAN be "tuned" in terms of the pipe's design. AEM claims that their pipes are constructed after doing a considerable amount of research to optimize power thanks to "tuning" of the pipe's diameter and bends. It allows the incoming air to flow at maximum velocity at the most usable range in the engine's powerband, without creating its own restriction due to turbulence. All that results in an advantage of MAYBE 1 usable horsepower over a generic pipe for engines such as ours.

Still, unless you have precision equipment to form metal piping, and a thorough understanding of physics and fluid dynamics, you will not be "tuning" an intake pipe.

Comment

Well, technically an intake pipe CAN be "tuned" in terms of the pipe's design. AEM claims that their pipes are constructed after doing a considerable amount of research to optimize power thanks to "tuning" of the pipe's diameter and bends. It allows the incoming air to flow at maximum velocity at the most usable range in the engine's powerband, without creating its own restriction due to turbulence. All that results in an advantage of MAYBE 1 usable horsepower over a generic pipe for engines such as ours.

Still, unless you have precision equipment to form metal piping, and a thorough understanding of physics and fluid dynamics, you will not be "tuning" an intake pipe.
                      I wanted to take it that direction but nah.. Longer pipe will give you more bottom end torque, shorter is better for high rpm HP. I have this PDF somewhere where itll give you the break down of intake L x D and exhaust D for the displacement of your motor and whatnot. I may share if its not ©

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik
                        Your question sounds awfully trollish. You have to find a shop that specializes in intake tuning, usually wal*mart will do this but it costs about 700 dollars because they have to use a special neural net oscilloscope that counts gamma particles. I think youre screwed. Hopefully youre not out of the car when it decides to rev up to 2000 rpms, If theres no weight in the seat and the car revs past 1500 rpms it will automatically go into Drive.
                        The suggestion that you might have something useful to offer in this discussion seen in the post after this one is the only reason I haven't banned you for flaming. If you have a cleverly offensive comment to make to someone just because you want to make them feel stupid for not knowing something, you'd be wise to keep it to yourself. Especially in this section.
                        I'm curious to see if you're one of the people that posted declaring your support in my "we have to make some changes around here" thread just a few weeks ago...

Comment

The suggestion that you might have something useful to offer in this discussion seen in the post after this one is the only reason I haven't banned you for flaming. If you have a cleverly offensive comment to make to someone just because you want to make them feel stupid for not knowing something, you'd be wise to keep it to yourself. Especially in this section.
                          I'm curious to see if you're one of the people that posted declaring your support in my "we have to make some changes around here" thread just a few weeks ago...

whoa whoa there buddy, no reason to break out the ban hammer so quick. First I did comment in the post youre referring to. Secondly I wasnt trying to flame anyone, i was just trying to make a similar ridiculous post. to me and since its the first post by the "new" person, kind of went in the "how do I change my blinker fluid" bin. Take it as face value youve seen I dont just cut down people for being ignorant, Ive been around a while on the intarwebs and this post sounds trollolrific thats all. Amazingly they found this site and took the time to make an account, knew where to look or what kind of motor they have to just ask if their intake needs tuned?? Any other layman/newb would hit up ye old google, hell the intake should have came with paperwork..or have instructions online if they got it 2nd hand..then theres the whole 2000 rpm thing..okay you d/c 1 maybe 2 vacuum lines and now randomly your motor revs up, Ive never had that happen; maybe run shittier if anything..anyway if you feel a ban is necessary to show authority and keep the other plebians in check so be it. I wont be mad and I feel your point of view but I will say whats on my mind regardless.

Comment

You've deleted the comment, and you seem to understand at least PART of my reason for what I'm saying...

Yes, it's a fairly absurd question, I agree. However, it's not unreasonable to assume that the OP saw ads for "tuned" intake pipes... because, as I explained, they DO exist. At least in terms of advertising jargon. Could it be a troll post? Sure. But most trolls would've participated in the fun. What fun is it to post one question and not continue trolling?

Posts like the one you made encourage others to do the same. Was it funny? Sure. Even I found it amusing... but seeing as I run this site, and I prefer to maintain it as a helpful resource, rather that a place for noobs to be torn to shreds for not knowing everything already (*cough* corporate-owned honda-tech...) I'd prefer not to see such comments. ESPECIALLY in this section, which clearly states in the forum description "there are no stupid questions".

Provide helpful advice. I know you're capable of it, as I've seen plenty of good information coming from you. If all you have to offer is a condescending comment poking fun at the OP's ignorance, keep it to yourself. Hell, if you HAVE to type something, send a PM to someone you think would appreciate your comment. Laugh at it in private, so nobody gets offended.

Comment

Give the poor sap a break. When I first joined here I made some threads that make my head scratch now. My automotive knowledge when I first got into cars was so limited, yet I had a passion to know more. Give everyone a chance.

These same kind of replies are what I see on a daily basis on S2ki. The mods on there rarely ever take the time out to implement disciplinary action on those who are leaving rude remarks. This community is lucky to have such a passionate admin/mod staff. I can't say I see that in many other forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X