Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boosted no start issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boosted no start issue

i know that im kinda new to the forum but im prety sure that i can get a hand from you guys ok front to back i actually have a boosted setup everything was still in stock location as far as the wiring goes, (ac and power steering deleted of course) well my bottem end finally let go, i went with the bisi 86mm setup a local machine shop did all the work and clearanced everything, a few of them i had to double check just to make me feel better, while the bay was empty i decided to do some painting, cleaning, and a wire tuck which is pretty straight forward. but anyway i only extended what was necessary of course. but now i have the weirdest issue i have a serious no start condition and im honestly tired of racking my brain alone just need to know if it was something i missed.
    1.compression is about 120 across the board
    2.cylinder to wall clearance is perfect (i kicked them out just to check).004
    3.have fire and fuel (put the stock ecu and injectors back in just to eliminate a possibility
    4.all i can get it to do is pop a fireball here and there out of the downpipe
    5.all ground points have been put back
    6.tried backing off on fuel pressure to get it to lean out a lil
    7. head has been pressure checked
    8.30% leakdown on all cylinders and its all crankcase

oh and it made right at 190whp and 163 tq on 7psi im really hoping to figure this out soon and get this thing going to make some legitimate power
    Last edited by qman1149; 07-08-2012, 12:48 AM.

Check your timing, also 120 psi is pretty low unless you're using some extremely low compression pistons extremely low.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

nope using the bisi 9:1 setup and with the block and head being decked for a total of .014 compresssion should at least be around 150 with unseated rings and about timing on any single cam honda you only got one way or you could point the cam gear staright down and that would put you 180 out.

Comment

By checking the timing, he means that everything is properly lined up. Are all timing marks pointing up while cylinder #1 is at TDC?

Honestly, if you have spark and fuel, and you're able to blow a fireball... that really does suggest incorrect timing to me as well.
        Another option is to ensure that your battery and ground connections are clean and tight. I've had an issue with that myself in the past, where I had enough juice to run the accessories, and enough to crank the car, but not enough for it to actually start.

Comment

well to answer that question yes all timing tabs are where they should be at tdc, and all ground connections and points are clean and tight. another question i have is will it start with anything less than 135psi of compression , my reason for asking is because ive poured oil in the cylinder to mimic a complete seal for a few cycles and that was the best result yet
          Last edited by qman1149; 07-08-2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Put a light on it eyeballing is a hit or miss using a gun will be a sure fire way of checking. The low compression numbers is not what is causing your back fire and no start (Although those numbers are weak minimum should be 130psi on a stock F) but should still run.

Also of you're off a tooth plus (Which it sounds like it) that will show lower compression numbers aswell as high leak down 30% is pretty high for a fresh engine shouldn't be more than 10-15%.

Is cylinder #1 showing less compression psi?
            Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 07-08-2012, 04:45 PM.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

and yeah the thirty percent was with all four valves off the lobes, and no it was pretty much across the board

Comment

Spark timing off 180* possibly?

Comment

to be honest with you thats what it seems like, because it almost seem like its not firing on the compression stroke but your dizzy will only go in one way but the rotor button is pointing exactly where it should be with cylinder 1 tdc

Comment

Working...
                  X