Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a6 swap to f22b1 92cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're using an external coil harness that came from a '92 EX that had an external coil distributor then why isn't all of that being transferred over to the F22B1. Take the F22B1 engine harness and distributor out of the equation entirely.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      If you're using an external coil harness that came from a '92 EX that had an external coil distributor then why isn't all of that being transferred over to the F22B1. Take the F22B1 engine harness and distributor out of the equation entirely.
      <<<94dizzy 96b1 dizzy>>>

94dizzy harness

closer look at the input on the b1 dizzy

where my issue is. cant figure out where all these connect.

how it looks with 30 amp fuse.

i dont think the 94 dizzy will fit the b1. i tried to mount it but one side wouldnt sit flush so i figured my only option was to wire up to the b1 dizzy as i was trying to follow by darkcloud.

Comment

On a related note but not necessarily specific to your case:

If a distributor won't mount up perfectly flush there's a pretty good chance it's just not keyed into the camshaft right. Even sometimes it will look like it's done right but be 180* off.

Can I ask a few simple questions just so we can start over and establish a new base from which to continue? Please answer these in a numbered list with simple answers.

1) Is the car that F22B1 is going into a '92 Accord EX with an F22A6?

2) Did you remove the engine harness from the F22B1 and replace it with the harness from the '92 Accord before putting it into the engine bay?

3) Do you still have the external-coil distributor and the coil from the '92 Accord?

4) When you are referring to the "94 distributor" is this just some random donor distributor or is this one that came with the F22B1?
        Last edited by Jarrett; 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          On a related note but not necessarily specific to your case:

If a distributor won't mount up perfectly flush there's a pretty good chance it's just not keyed into the camshaft right. Even sometimes it will look like it's done right but be 180* off.

Can I ask a few simple questions just so we can start over and establish a new base from which to continue? Please answer these in a numbered list with simple answers.

1) Is the car that F22B1 is going into a '92 Accord EX with an F22A6?

2) Did you remove the engine harness from the F22B1 and replace it with the harness from the '92 Accord before putting it into the engine bay?

3) Do you still have the external-coil distributor and the coil from the '92 Accord?

4) When you are referring to the "94 distributor" is this just some random donor distributor or is this one that came with the F22B1?
          allow me to answer all these in one. yes. #4, im guessing whoever had the car before me had replaced the old dizzy on the a6 with a 94 dizzy.

i got everything to line up. i used the 94 dizzy which is external. all im unclear is now the vacuum lines coming from that black box. theres no place to plug um into on the intake mani.
          And this miscellaneous plug ive never seen on my old block.

comes straight from the pulleys.
          does it matter where the sensor cables plug? i cant remember where all them go?

Comment

The black box won't have anywhere to go on the F22B1 manifold because that manifold doesn't use IABs. If you're using a POA ECU it shouldn't look for it, though. You just need to zip-tie the connector for the black box out of the way.

Comment

i got everything figured out so now im going to post a video of whats going on because im pretty sure i have a vacuum issue now. ill post the video soon. any help would be greatly appreciated because i dont know where this manifold came from.

Comment

does this need to be connected?

video.
                http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...1216241984.mp4

i dont know if my hoses are connect right.. smoke is coming from the headers not connected.

help :/

Comment

Working...
                X