Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radiator fan on Toggle switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator fan on Toggle switch

Alright so when I bought my car the guy had the Radiator Fan hooked up to a Toggle switch for some Reason and it just stopped working Last night. So how can I hook it back up to its Original state without Dumping cash I Don't have?

By reading a wiring diagram and restoring the way the factory wires were done. Or trace the wiring from the switch to where it was tied in and eliminating it. Use solder and heat shrink.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Andre93 View Post
      Alright so when I bought my car the guy had the Radiator Fan hooked up to a Toggle switch for some Reason and it just stopped working
      Clairify: The switch stopped working? Or, the fan?
      If the switch stopped working, does the fan still operate at temp?

In the meantime, check your fuses. Check the original connections.
      I'd leave it hooked up as it was when it was "working." Just find the culprit.
      My 89 accord had a toggle in the dash for the fan to be on constant.
      It's really not a bad idea.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Checked all my fuses this Morning and they're all good. And I'm Really not sure which stopped, So how can I check which gave Out?

Comment

Hook the fan to the battery and that will tell you if 9it still works. Im guessing the relay or sensor or something went out an the easy fix was to put it on a switch. I'd check those to if I was you and set it up stock.

Comment

Alright my friend told that I can Run a wire from the Toggle switch under my Dash to the Fuse box in the Kicker panel and the Other leading to the Fan. Is this true and if so can someone show me a Pic of what Fuse location I can use

Comment

Help a newbi out me, but I wanted 2 no if these 1 wires had 2 to do with the fan coming on while driving.. there's 2 wires infront of the trans.

1 red one

Of in front of that is a diff one. Wat r those wires for. I wonder if the haynes book tells u.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

i thought about doing this with the a/c fan if i ever removed the a/c. I'll keep watching this thread for more info.
                <-- MRT

Comment

Originally posted by accord4me View Post
                  i thought about doing this with the a/c fan if i ever removed the a/c. I'll keep watching this thread for more info.

My AC fan is also hooked Up to this too So Neither one is working now. Lol

Comment

My buddy hooked his str8 up 2 the ground on the tstat housing.

I can see an sleek aftermarket fan with more ccf of cff w/e it is. Moving more air, hooked up sttr8 to the ground always on is kinda nice. It will b quiet also.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Any body have Pics or link to help me Rewire it up to a 3 Prong toggle Switch? And is there a Fuse location I can use to do this?

Comment

I did this the other day with my ac fan. personally, I ran a wire off the battery, to a 30 amp inline fuse, to a two prong switch, and to the fan. grounded fan where the relay for the fan was. i was unsure of what fuse also, so I went straight off the battery.
                        Originally posted by scudweiser
                        once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

Originally posted by ingold View Post
                          I did this the other day with my ac fan. personally, I ran a wire off the battery, to a 30 amp inline fuse, to a two prong switch, and to the fan. grounded fan where the relay for the fan was. i was unsure of what fuse also, so I went straight off the battery.

You mind posting Pics? So I can get an idea of what to do this since I'm not good with Wiring stuff myself

Comment

Anybody have Pics or Links so I can Fix this???

Comment

A switch with three terminals usually means that it's a single pole, double throw switch. That is, one terminal, usually the middle, is switched between the other two terminals depending upon where the switch is. Since you only want to turn the fan(s) on and off, you only need to use "half" of the switch, the "common" terminal (usually the middle), and one of the others. Of course, this is all just guess work based on probability and experience; if whoever wired the switch did it simply as an on / off for both fans, then this information should be fine. However, it's possible they did something else entirely.

You need to find out how the old switch was wired and intended to operate before anyone can truly help you with any sort of certainty.

Comment

Working...
                              X