Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

helix power tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

helix power tower

Have any of u used this I jus installed it seems ok any of u guys running this?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

I ran one in my car, didn't do anything for power or fuel economy. All it really did was add volume to the plenum. May have moved the peak tq RPM down 100rpm from stock and increased throttle response slightly.

Mine also added a nice whistle sound at partial throttle. I could make my car whistle at people while siting at a red light.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

yea i cant hear the hissing cars to loud 3 in exhaust maybe but yea i cant tell any thing power wise maybe on the lower end and gas mpg i dunno yet i think it gave it a lil power not much im not stock either so its hard for me to tell really hard.......

Comment

Throttle body spacer? They do nothing for us.
        Plenum spacers have shown worthwhile gains... but not throttle body spacers.

Comment

so a spacer that shoves more air in than usual is worthless? makes no sense u buy exhaust to let the car breath ya know. i would say buy it and try it i installed one on the cb7 cause i have 1 on my corrado and i have increased throttle response and low end tq it does something i know it does. Me & my buddy have same mods except i have the helix my car is more snappy and pulls alot harder than his so deeve sorry man ive gotten results but thank u for ur input,i take it u never used one if it gives me 1 hp its worth it im maxed out for a n/a engine so ill take them ponies were ever i can get them.......................................have plenum spacer as well i think the helix does more than that double stacked plenum dont believe the hype
          Last edited by speedfr3ak; 06-17-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
            so a spacer that shoves more air in than usual is worthless? makes no sense u buy exhaust to let the car breath ya know. i would say buy it and try it i installed one on the cb7 cause i have 1 on my corrado and i have increased throttle response and low end tq it does something i know it does. Me & my buddy have same mods except i have the helix my car is more snappy and pulls alot harder than his so deeve sorry man ive gotten results but thank u for ur input,i take it u never used one if it gives me 1 hp its worth it im maxed out for a n/a engine so ill take them ponies were ever i can get them.......................................have plenum spacer as well i think the helix does more than that double stacked plenum dont believe the hype
            Your opinions are a bit off from fact.

• This spacer does not shove/force air anywhere. It in no way changes the velocity of the intake charge of air.

• Throttle response is increased I will agree, however it does not add any power as it does not add any more air than the engine is already consuming. Unless you have a dyno to prove otherwise..... Mine showed no gains.

• There is no hype in making your plenum volume larger...... It's a fact that it changes the area at which your engine hits it's peak tq and Hp numbers. That is what both of these extra spacers will do.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The plenum volume increase created by this spacer does very little, though. It's a VERY small increase in volume. The plenum spacer has a greater effect more because it essentially lengthens the runners, not because it adds volume to the plenum.

speedfr3ak, all you are doing is regurgitating the manufacturer's claims, and justifying them with your own butt-dyno. Hardly enough evidence to call me out on my comment.
              I have researched such parts before. I have participated in other discussions on this forum about them (which I assume you didn't bother looking for before posting this thread.)

Comment

yea i searched other forums but u do get a gain u want me to go to my friends dyno just for u >>

Comment

u want me to go to my friends dyno just for u >>
                  That would be great! we hardly ever get hard data for modifications!
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

yea i searched other forums but u do get a gain u want me to go to my friends dyno just for u >>
                    Yes.

Comment

i take it u never used one if it gives me 1 hp its worth it im maxed out for a n/a engine so ill take them ponies were ever i can get them
                      If you've got a "maxed out" N/A build then you should make better members ride thread and share. Get some dyno sheets up here so you can rep the full blown N/A builds. I see on your mods list in your profile you have headers, Did you swap in a J series engine?

Comment

Think he has a delta 272
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

His mods are irrelevant... in fact, if there is a TINY gain, it could very well be amplified by the mods... so if a 1hp gain shows on a dyno pull, it could realistically be a .2hp gain on a less-modified car. I gain more power than that by spraying the bugs off my radiator.

Comment

big waste of time

Comment

Now he has to do a dyno pull just for u, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X